BackgroundExperience the danger, fear, and unpredictability of lethal jungle warfare against a cunning enemy in Vietcong, a first-person action shooter set during the infamous conflict in Southeast Asia. Command expertly trained members of the U.S. Special Forces on critical missions through dangerous territories. Fight in over 20 dramatic missions, using more than 20 deadly weapons. Race across hazardous terrain in jeeps, trucks, and riverboats. Play as either U.S. or VC soldiers in multiplayer action.
Your elite unit consists of six members of the U.S. Special Forces, expertly trained in various fields. The success of numerous covert operations rest solely on your ability to analyze the situation and utilize each soldier's specialty.
You are in direct control of the main character. As team leader, you issue orders to the other soldiers to determine the way in which your missions will proceed. The remaining five team-members assess each situation based on the fundamental rules of behavior for an elite unit. The soldiers know how to act, how to protect themselves, and how to fight. But their distinct personalities cause them to react differently during stressful conditions.
Types of missions
100% Action - Defend yourself from the onslaught of enemy attacks, with the destructive power of an under-sling helicopter gun, a heavy gun set on the rear of a jeep, or from the tranquility of a boat powering up the river.
Solo - Face the enemy alone. Struggle through the claustrophobic confines of tunnel systems or just run for your life after being separated from your team. It's up to you and you alone.
Squad - Work as a team, sweeping through dense jungle or facing the dangers of exposed ruins. Use your team member's specialties and stay in touch with HQ to attach the enemy and reach the Landing Zone.
Multiplayer - Enter a killing zone as either U.S. or VC soldiers in heart-stopping multiplayer action via LAN or over the Internet.
- Stalk your enemy with an elite special force of six soldiers each with their own specialties!
- Fight for honor and freedom in over 20 dramatic missions!
- Strike from the shadows with more than 20 deadly weapons!
- Infiltrate dangerous underground lairs containing miles of elaborate tunnels!
- Conquer your fears in the realistic environments of a lethal and vengeful war zone!
- Save your skin with timely radio communication to call in air strikes, request evacs, and receive valuable intel!
- Race across hazardous terrain in jeeps, trucks, and riverboats!
- Stay alert or your next step could trigger one of over a dozen terrifying traps!
- Enter a killing zone as either U.S. or VC soldiers against opponents in heart-stopping multiplayer action!
- Full EAX support captures the sounds of fearsome jungle warfare, with ricocheting bullets and deafening explosions.
Hardware Requirements500 MHz Pentium III or AMD Athlon processor
256 MB of RAM * 16x CD / DVD ROM drive
1.8 GB of free hard disk space
16 MB video card with DirectX 8.1 compatible drivers
DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card * Keyboard * Mouse
Modem 56.6 kps or higher for Internet play
700 MHz Pentium III or AMD Athlon processor
256 MB of RAM * 32x CD / DVD ROM drive
1.8 GB of free hard disk space
32 MB video card with DirectX 8.1 compatible drivers
DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card with surround sound support
ISDN/Broadband or higher for Internet play
Official URLOfficial Site
This could have been a great game, as the graphics are so realistic and the game...
A pretty good game, but as I stated early the jungle enviroments are pretty crap(in my...
Do to the bug's it's a game that can give you the feeling of being in the war...
I recomend it to anyone who likes to shoot and fight and it is fun.O by the way its...
[quote]BALTIMORE, MD - March 26, 2003 - Computer and video game publisher Gathering, a subsidiary of Take-Two... posted Mar 26, 03 7:18pm