BackgroundPlayers will take on the role of Violette Summer. Behind enemy lines in Nazi occupied Europe, Violette risks her life fighting to fell the Third Reich with anything she can get her hands on, including enemy soldiers. With no support or official backing from the British Government, Violette puts everything on the line to defeat the German war machine, one mission at a time. Velvet Assassin combines lush, surreal visuals, a ground-breaking stealth combat system and one of the most unique perspectives ever brought to gaming.
GameplayVelvet Assassin is inspired by the fascinating story and unbreakable spirit of British secret agent Violette Szabo. Take control of Violette Summer, a beautiful World War II spy deep behind enemy lines with no support or official backing from the British Government. Intense stealth action with a startling real-time lighting system and surreal visuals combine to produce an incredible gaming experience.
Through third-person game play, sneak up on enemies and pull the pins from their belted grenades. Infiltrate a Gestapo prison and slip cyanide to your own men before the Germans make them talk. Slink through the shadows to finish off your unsuspecting enemies with a single, silent move. Through Violette's fever dreams, experience what she experienced. Walk where she walked ... and kill those she killed.
- Stealth assassinations: Execute over 50 different brutal maneuvers to deliver a quick and silent death to enemy soldiers, or use the environment itself to take down Violette's foes.
- Dynamic lighting and shadows: Slip into the darkness of Nazi-controlled Europe and avoid the relentless searchlights of German guards that cut through your shadowy cover.
- Stylized environments: Explore surreal, dreamlike settings that are modeled after actual World War II locations.
- Unique perspective: Experience the unimaginable horrors of war through Violette's fever dreams. Shift into Morphine Mode when Violette's memories betray her to reposition and gain an advantage against opposing forces.
Official URLOfficial Site
Hanners and 77 others own Velvet Assassin
tlars played Velvet Assassin
- Genre: Shooter Action (PC)
- Theme(s): World War II, Espionage/Secret Ops
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Replay Studios
- Publisher: Gamecock Media Group
Released North America Apr 28, 2009 Europe May 8, 2009 Australia May 21, 2009