BackgroundDeveloped by Petroglyph, this combat-intensive real-time strategy game enlists players in an epic struggle to prevent total alien domination of planet Earth. Universe at War: Earth Assault is set in the near-future when multiple factions from across the galaxy have come to Earth to wage epic warfare. Containing numerous features and customization options never-before-seen in the RTS genre, Universe at War: Earth Assault creates an exceptional strategy experience for single-player and especially multiplayer battles. The game employs a unique balance system called "Tactical Dynamics" that allows players to retrain and customize units in the midst of battle to better cope with enemy forces and tactical situations. Weaponry and defenses can be modified in true real-time to take advantage of constantly shifting battlefield conditions. Fully customizable tech trees allow players to control the development of technologies that they deem key to victory. Battles in Universe at War: Earth Assault are large in scope and take place in malleable and deforming environments. Deadly sci-fi weapons and alien powers will allow players to destroy cities and whole territories on a global scale. Because the world of Universe at War: Earth Assault is persistent, players can revisit previous battlegrounds to find them still smoldering in ruins. The game gives players achievements, rewards, and medals in a balanced environment to further encourage players to move forward in the game. Players from around the world battle in persistent-style online campaigns for ultimate faction supremacy across a virtual representation of the Earth.
GameplayPowerful forces from across the universe have brought war to our planet. In Universe at War, you take command of several unique factions with awesome powers and spectacular units. Control massive-scale alien war machines that are fully customizable. With "Tactical Dynamics," Universe at War's on-the-fly customization system, you can dynamically swap out weaponry, rework your tech tree, and retrain units in the middle of combat to thwart your foe and seize the advantage.
Universe at War features large-scale environmental destruction in a persistent world - level a city and when you come back, the area will still be a smoking ruin. Here, though, the environments you fight for are close to home, as you wage war across familiar Earth cities and landmarks.
Universe at War also introduces numerous innovative new multiplayer features inspired by today's top MMOs and competitive online games, giving players achievements, rewards, and medals in a balanced environment with intelligent matchmaking.
- Unprecedented unit and faction customization give players the ability to change units and research in the middle of combat to overcome any challenge
- Unique multiplayer achievements that improve players' online avatars
- Unique multiplayer game modes
- Environmental destruction and manipulation in a persistent world
- Dual-layered gameplay featuring intense tactical battles and a strategic global mode where players manage resources, consolidate territories, and maneuver armies
- Real-world, modern-day environments
- Three unique factions with different play styles and abilities
- Special hero units with unique abilities
- Massive-scale units that dwarf conventional RTS units
- On-demand UI that doesn't clutter your view of the battle
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista
- 2.0GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent
- 512MB of RAM
- 4GB free hard disk space
- 64MB DirectX 9.0c compatible video card with hardware pixel and vertex shader support
- DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Official URLOfficial Site
Hermn8ta and 24 others own Universe at War: Earth Assault
Erioniks and 1 others played Universe at War: Earth Assault