BackgroundTo commemorate the defeat of the Guardian's forces one year ago, you (the Avatar) and the leaders of Britannia are invited to Lord British's castle for an evening of celebration. Suddenly, the Guardian strikes again, encasing the building in a gigantic blackrock gem. He offers the imprisoned heroes a simple choice: proclaim him ruler of all Britannia, or starve while his minions conquer the land.
Seaching underground for an escape route, you discover a smaller version of the gem that surrounds the castle; and find that its facets are portals to other worlds. These worlds are also under the Guardian's domination, but with your help, the inhabitants may be able to throw off the evil titan's yoke. Time is running out, food and water are running low, and an agent of the Guardian is killing of the imprisoned heroes off one by one. You hold Britannia's fate in your hands once again.
- Eight new worlds to explore - from fantastic castles to ice caverns, towers and alien realms
- An expanded, more panoramic 3-D view window - 30% larger than before!
- Larger, higher-resolution creature graphics with additional frames of animation for smoother, more lifelike movement.
- New trap and puzzle types featuring animated, multi-level obstacles, moving terrain, pressure sensitive triggers and more!
- Detailed, close-up portraits of scores of characters whose attittudes and actions vary based on your decisions.
- New magical spells of unimaginable power - attack around corners with Deadly Seeker; bowl your enemies over with Shockwave; create deadly artifacts with Poison weapon!
- Treacherous new terrain features with slippery ice and dangerous currents designed to challenge even the most experienced dungeon delver.
- Unique screen save option allows you to capture any game screen - even your automap - as a .GIF file.
- Full, dynamic, musical score with digitized speech and sound effects. (Sound Blaster or 100% compatible required for digitized speech).
- Underrated game Apr 13
Abyss Raider and 3 others own Ultima Underworld 2: Labyrinth of Worlds
CD Projekt has finally pulled the curtain: Electronic Arts has been signed to its classic PC games digital shop... posted Jun 02, 11 1:08pm
- Genre: Fantasy RPG (PC)
- Theme(s): Fantasy, Medieval
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: Looking Glass
- Publisher: Origin
Released North America Q1 1992
- Exodus: Ultima III (1985)
- Ultima Ascension (1999)
- Ultima I: The First Age of Darkness (1987)
- Ultima II: Revenge of the Enchantress (1983)
- Ultima IV (1985)
- Ultima Online 7th Anniversary Edition (2004)
- Ultima Online: Age of Shadows (2003)
- Ultima Online: Lord Blackthorns Revenge (2002)
- Ultima Online: Mondain's Legacy (2005)
- Ultima Online: Renaissance (2000)
- Ultima Online: Samurai Empire (2004)
- Ultima Online: The Second Age (1999)
- Ultima Online: Third Dawn (2001)
- Ultima Underworld: The Stygian Abyss (1992)
- Ultima V: Warriors of Destiny (1988)
- Ultima VI: The False Prophet (1990)
- Ultima VII Part I: The Black Gate (1992)
- Ultima VII Part II: Serpent Isle (1993)
- Ultima VII Part Two: The Silver Seed (1993)
- Ultima VII: The Forge of Virtue (1992)
- Ultima VIII: Pagan (1994)
- Ultima Worlds Online: Origin (2000)
- Ultima X: Odyssey (2004)