BackgroundTotal Pro Football puts you in charge of a pro football head coach and general manager, and it's up to you to lead your franchise to greatness over multiple seasons.
- Fast, Accurate Pro Football Game Engine: Developed from the ground up, based on 2000-2002 game results. Simulate an entire season in minutes.
- Extensive Player Rating System: Every player contains over 50 unique attributes.
- Isometric View of Your Football Campus: Top-down, isometric view of your football campus shows your stadium and offices.
- Realistic Owner Types: Different owner personas impact how much (or little) control you have on the team. Owners rated for willingness to spend, sensitivity to profitability, sensitivity to winning and patience span.
- Enhanced Player Interactions: Promise players roles, such as "guaranteed to start" to gain leverage in contract negotiations.
- HTML Reports from Every Screen: Send virtually any game screen to HTML. Every HTML page also includes a print button for easy printing.
- Complete Preseason: Carry over 70 players on your roster during the preseason, and make the tough decisions on roster spots as opening day approaches.
- Weekly Practice Schedules Get ready for the big game by fine-tuning your practice schedule. Focus on scrimmages until your team knows the playbook inside and out. Hit the weight rooms to increase your line's stamina. Or, give players some free time to rest and relax.
- Unique Team & Player Morale Modeling: Lesser teams with high morale will often overachieve while talented squads with malcontents will struggle. Almost everything you do in the game, from promising players' roles to how strenuous your practice schedules are will impact your team's morale (and their performance on the field). Player morale is also displayed visually in the player's photo.
- Built-In, Integrated Support for Online Leagues: Easily create and manage an online league for you and your friends to participate in. Everything you need for multiplayer leagues is built directly into the game.
- Comprehensive Weather Physics System: Historical data from the National Weather Service powers gameday temperatures, humidity and precipitation forecasts for all the cities in the game.
- Interactive Play By Play: Graphical play-by-play screen lets you view each play as it develops. The stadium interface also gives you real-time stat updates and injury reports.
- Infinite Customization: Edit all the players, all the teams, stadium data, and more. Create your own team logos and player photos to use in the game. Hand off team and franchise management tasks to your A.I. assistants.
- Flexible Interface System: Navigate through the virtual football world with clickable graphical objects and smart tooltips. Or, use a standard Windows menu-driven system. Use built-in hotkeys to get to the information you want quickly.
- Football is Big Business: Complete salary cap model with all the rules and nuances.
- Fine-Tune your Gameplan: Choose how much, or how little, control you want over the gameplan. Manage playbooks, packages, gameplans and offensive and defensive sets.
- Flexible Play-Calling System: Tailor play-calling to your strengths and weaknesses. Call both offensive and defensive plays, or choose to focus only on one side of the ball. You can also defer all play-calling to the coordinators using a gameplan and overall strategy you create.
- Unique Offensive & Defensive Philosophies: Use real pro football philosophies on both sides of the ball to define your team's approach to the game. Focus on a 4-3 or 3-4 defensive formation. Try the quick-strike "Vertical Passing" game or run a "Smash Mouth" ball control offense. If you have the personnel, try some of the more skill-orientated offenses such as the "West Coast" or "Run 'N Gun." Be careful though, as once a philosophy is chosen, a team must stick to it all season!
- College Report: Keep an eye on the future by reading the monthly College Report to see which players you want to target in next year's draft.
- Smart Scouts: Each week your scout tells you who missed holes, who made great catches and who had mental breakdowns in the previous week's game. Your scout also gives a detailed look at your next opponent.
- Network-Style Game Previews: Shows time and date, and weather conditions for the week's games. Also, the .400 Sports Network's Game of the Week gives you a breakdown of the week's marquee match-up.
Hardware RequirementsOperating System: Windows 95/98/ME
CPU: Pentium II (or equivalent) 500 mhz or higher
Memory: 64 MB RAM plus Windows swap file enabled
Hard Disk Space: 60 MB for install, additional space for saved games
Audio System: Windows compatible sound card
Video System: 1024x768 display capable of running 16-bit color or higher
Multiplayer: Online play requires a 28.8 Kbps or faster modem for file transfers