BackgroundTorchlight returns! The award-winning Action RPG is back, bigger and better, with Torchlight II. Runic Games, located in Seattle, is a veteran team composed of the designers and leads of projects including Diablo, Diablo II, Mythos, Fate, and Torchlight, which won the Game Developer's Choice Award for Best Debut of 2009.
Torchlight II captures the quirky charm and furious action of the original, while expanding the world and including the features players wanted most. Torchlight II is fast, fun, and filled to the brim with action and loot. Adventure solo, or online with your friends!
StoryYears ago, the Heroes of Torchlight saved the world from the ancient evil, Ordrak. Now someone has stolen the essence of his power, and is using it to upset the balance of the six elements. After witnessing the destruction wrought by this terrible artifact, you'll begin a quest to uncover the villain's identity and avert disaster. The trail leads from the beleaguered Estherian Steppes, through the war-torn Mana Wastes and the haunted ruins of an ancient dwarven city, before descending to a realm where no mortal has set foot for thousands of years—and where an even more terrible evil struggles to unleash itself into the world.
Game PlayThe most exciting new feature of Torchlight II is the multiplayer component. Play with friends old and new, using the free matchmaking service. Together you'll discover expansive outdoor areas and ominous caverns; random dungeons teem with a huge variety of all new monsters and villains, powerful magical loot, and quests to complete. Journey through vastly differing locales, enjoying all new weather features, time of day events, and a new and more deeply developed story.
- Multiplayer: Play with your friends over the internet for free. No subscriptions, no item sales. And, our new matchmaking peer-to-peer service lets you find friends, start and join games for exciting co-op play. Of course, you can play single-player offline as well.
- Customizable Characters: Players will create and customize a character from one of four brand new classes. Each class can be played as either male or female, with customized cosmetic features and looks to make each individual character stand out. All new skills and loot give loads of opportunity for unique character builds.
- Moddability: Torchlight II will release with an all new version of TorchEd, the Torchlight editor. Players will have the option to create their own mods, adding even more content to the world. Have your friends download the same mod and play together.
- New User Interface: Torchlight II boasts a new and improved user interface, designed to be easier than ever for new players to pick up and play. This intuitive interface ensures you can focus on playing the game the way you want to.
- Open World: We're not only in the town of Torchlight anymore! Explore vast overland areas and multiple hub towns, fight through rain, snow, day and night. Our level randomization ensures new layouts, paths, loot, and monsters every time you play.
- Pets and Fishing: These popular features make their return in Torchlight 2 in improved form. More choices, better effects, and your pet will still make the run to town to sell your loot so you don’t have to.
- Retirement: Once characters are sufficiently leveled up, they can "retire" and bestow specific benefits and perks onto new characters. Their legacy will live on!
Hardware InfoTorchlight II will be initially released as a digital download for PC. ===Official URL=== [http://www.torchlight2game.com/ Official Site (NA)]
Torchlight 2 may have come out a whole lot later than many of us expected, but gamers have shown that they're... posted Jan 02, 13 11:52am
Whether you were dissatisfied with Diablo 3 for whatever reasons or just want some more action RPG love in your... posted Sep 21, 12 7:23am
I was thoroughly impressed with action RPG Torchlight 2 just in beta form, noting it "feels pretty polished and... posted Sep 19, 12 7:06am
Good news for everyone planning to pick up a copy of Torchlight II, as Runic Games has confirmed Steam Workshop... posted Sep 03, 12 10:10pm
Have you heard? Torchlight II finally has a release date. And while PC gamers are left wondering how they'll make... posted Aug 31, 12 3:15pm
The moment has finally arrived, as the release date for Torchlight II is September 20. Travis Baldree,... posted Aug 30, 12 11:03pm
The time has finally come, Torchlight fans! Most of us have likely preordered Torchlight 2 months ago, and have... posted Aug 24, 12 12:16pm
[image1 width=650 height=366] Developer Runic Games is swaggering about with an infographic showing how much... posted Jul 23, 12 7:10am
Torchlight II fans have been worried, after all developers Runic Games said the game would be out in 2011 unless... posted Jul 18, 12 1:19pm
I recorded quite a bit of footage for my Torchlight II preview, but could only fit one video in, so naturally the... posted May 24, 12 7:29am
Torchlight II is nearly finished! "Approaching completion" were the words used by project lead Travis Baldree,... posted Apr 26, 12 11:30am
[image1 link=yes width=650 height=366] Torchlight II's continued delays have been offputting, to say the... posted Apr 20, 12 10:21am
[image1 width=650] Unfortunately, Torchlight 2 won't be releasing in 2011 as scheduled. Runic Games... posted Nov 17, 11 3:08pm
- Genre: Fantasy RPG (PC)
- Theme(s): Alternate Reality, Dark Fantasy
- Developer: Runic Games
- Publisher: Perfect World Entertainment
Released North America Sep 20, 2012