BackgroundYou are Garrett, the master thief. Rarely seen and never caught, Garrett is the best that ever was. Able to sneak past any guard, pick any lock, and break into the most ingeniously secured residences. Garrett steals from the wealthy and gives to himself, making his living in the dark and foreboding City. Here crime and corruption are commonplace, wealthy nobles prey on the poor and each other, and magic and machinery coexist uneasily. World weary and cynical, Garrett wants nothing more than to be left alone to ply his trade. But things never work out that way.
According to ancient prophecies, a Dark Age is approaching. He's determined to stop this darkness before it comes, before someone loses an eye...or worse.
Garrett begins a cautious collaboration with the Keepers, an enigmatic and secretive group. They supply prophetic Glyphs he needs to avert the approaching doom, and he supplies the raw nerve, caustic wit, and artistic thievery that they lack. He sneaks his way through castles, mansions, prisons, cathedrals, dungeons, and museums, past armed guards, hired muscle, angry thugs, hideous monsters, and much worse. He's out to steal the City's oldest treasures - treasures that can help stop the darkness foretold in the prophecies.
But things quickly go awry. Disaster looms closer with every step Garrett takes. In his efforts to prevent the Dark Age, he has inadvertently roused an ancient hidden evil. To make matters worse, the Keepers, sworn to protect the City and maintain the balance, instead find themselves decaying from their very core. In their desperate search for the One who will betray them, their eyes turn to Garrett.
Once again, Garrett finds himself without allies, standing alone between the City and the forces that would crush it. Will his skills be enough to save the dying City? Can he survive betrayal, assassins, and war in the labyrinthine city streets? Will he destroy or be destroyed by the evil he awoke? And finally, what must he do to get what he wants most of all: to be left alone plying his trade as the City�s greatest� Thief?
- Cutting-edge Action Stealth Gameplay - Hide in the shadows, sneak past the guards, or ambush them from the darkness.
- An Entire City to Explore - Break into any building, mug nobles on the streets, spend you loot, and earn a reputation. Feel like a real thief in a cityscape of unparalleled responsiveness and interactivity.
- Advance Artificial Intelligence - All guards that see and hear, track evidence and suspiciousness, search for intruders, fight and give chase.
- Dynamic Lighting and shadow System - Every character and object, including you, casts real, dynamic shadows that effect stealth gameplay, in a multitude of ways.
Hardware Requirements1.5GHz P4 or Athlon XP 1600+
64MB 3D card
3GB hard drive space
2.4GHz P4 or Athlon XP 2400+
GeForce FX 5600 or Radeon 9500 Pro
Official URLOfficial Site
BigHeadZack2 and 142 others own Thief: Deadly Shadows
Abyss Raider played Thief: Deadly Shadows
[image1 width=115 float=right] Designer in part of many classic series' such as Thief, Deus Ex, Ultima, and... posted Mar 16, 11 5:21pm
- Genre: Adventure (PC)
- Perspective(s): First Person,Third Person
- Developer: Ion Storm
- Publisher: Eidos
Released North America Oct 9, 2003 Australia Mar 31, 2006