BackgroundNew York, 1979.
A battle on the streets.
The armies of the night number 60,000 strong,
and tonight they're all after The Warriors
- a street gang wrongly accused of killing a rival gang leader.
The Warriors must make their way from one end of New York
to their turf on the other side of the city.
All that stands between The Warriors and their survival are 20 miles
and thousands of street gang members.
The army of gangs owns the streets and there's no turning back.
They must fight for their lives and learn the meaning of loyalty
as danger and uncertainty emerge from the city night.
- Rockstar has recreated and expanded on the storyline of the film to create a deep and compelling gameplay experience.
- Authentic New York environments were reproduced in great detail to maintain the sense of style and atmosphere of The Warriors film. For example, Ferris wheel cars swing on the Wonder Wheel, and there are highly detailed textures for buildings and city streets.
- Play as each of the nine Warriors throughout the game—Cleon, Ajax, Swan, Snow, Cochise, Cowboy, Rembrandt, Vermin and Fox. Each will serve as the leader of different missions in the game.
- Three different fighting styles include: Street Fighting, Brawler, and Kung Fu.
- Deep fighting system includes diving and tackling, reversals, tandem attacks with other Warriors, beating opponents while pinning them on the ground, dragging and throwing enemies into fences and walls, finishing them off with a stomp while they're trying to crawl away, using grab attacks to cause serious damage, and much more.
- Rage mode allows you the ability to do new massively powerful moves that will clear the area and cause tremendous damage.
- Exciting split screen, 2 player Co Op mode allows you to play with a friend for increased brawling mayhem. Easy, pick up and play action can be had for a small part of a mission, a whole level, or the entire storyline, the choice is entirely up to you.
- There will be varying degrees of progressive damage in the game, like facial lacerations and bloody clothing. Warriors can be cured by taking Flash.
- The environments will be littered with objects that can be used as weapons against such as wood planks with nails, bricks, pipes, boxes, garbage bags, televisions, and more.
- There will also be multidimensional objects, such as bottles, which can be broken, then used as a stabbing weapon.
- In addition to environmental weapons, you will also find weapons such as Molotov Cocktails and Blades scattered throughout each level, so be sure to explore your environment.
- Giving more freedom to the user than any other brawler before it, The Warriors can steal car stereos, mug pedestrians and loot stores to make money. They can also use spray paint to throw up the classic Warriors "W" over rival gang tags.
- Full gang control allows the player to select War Chief commands, some of which include having your gang move quickly, hold up, or trash everything in sight.
- Gangs from the game are pulled straight from the film, including the Gramercy Riffs, Turnbull AC's, and The Orphans.
- Based on the 1979 Paramount Pictures film, directed by Walter Hill, adapted from the 1965 novel by Sol Yurick.
DMann and 4 others own The Warriors
DMann and 1 others played The Warriors
- Genre: Adventure (PC)
- Theme(s): Gangsta, Mob/Organized Crime
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Rockstar Games
- Publisher: Rockstar Games
Released North America Q3 2004