BackgroundSwashbucklers: Blue vs. Grey is a Naval Action/RPG set in time of the American Civil War – the time of last pirate renaissance on the Caribbean. The Union fleet blockaded the Southern ports, rupturing all the trading connections of the Confederacy. In return, Confederate government started giving out the privateer patents, thus building a powerful fleet of commercial raiders, the best example of which was the legendary captain Raphael Semmes. Also, smuggling the goods through the blockade became very profitable, though risky, business and attracted numerous traders to attempts of running the blockade.
GameplayThe player is free to sail across the game's world – from southern coasts of the USA and Florida to Jamaica and North Caribbean. He can trade and smuggle goods between nineteen ports – both free and blockaded, raid the cargo ships, battle the warships and ironclads and complete quests for either Union or Confederacy. Aside from naval combat, Swashbucklers features strong on-foot gameplay, in which Abraham slashes his way through in various locations, confronting dozens of various enemies and bosses.
The game's role-playing system, based of three main characteristics and numerous perks, allows the player to develop the main character in various ways. He can improve his naval skills, learn new combos and shooting modes, or become the best trader in the Caribbean. Also, there are numerous options to upgrade the ship with Gatling guns, heavy weaponry, steam engines, or better sails.
- Thrilling atmosphere of political intrigues and military espionage in times of last greatest Caribbean piracy renascence.
- Freeplay game structure and a huge world of North Caribbean and Mexican Gulf.
- Blend of exciting high seas battles, fast-paced third-person swordfights and skirmishes.
- Large variety of gameplay forms and challenges: from 'beat' em up' style fights to pirate raids and naval battles.
- Various options for ship upgrade (additional guns, red-hot cannonballs, powder rockets, Gatling guns and other 'high end' weapons of 19th century).
- Variety of cold-steel weapons, combo moves and firearms to use and master.
- Advanced role-playing system, allowing a numerous options to develop and master character's skills.
•Operating System: Windows XP
•Processor: 1.5 GHz Intel Pentium 4; 1.5GHz AMD Athlon 2000+ (2.4 GHz Pentium 4; 2.2 GHz AMD Athlon 3500+ recommended)
•Memory: 512 MB (1 GB recommended)
•Hard Disk Space: 1.5 GB of free space
•DVD-ROM Drive: 4X Speed or faster
•Video: 128 MB NVIDIA GeForce® FX 5700 or ATI® Radeon 9600 (256 MB NVIDIA GeForce FX 6800 or ATI Radeon 850XT recommended)
•Sound: DirectX® 9.0c-compatible sound card
•DirectX: DirectX 9.0c (included) or higher