December 15, 2011, marks the end of an era, when Sony Online Entertainment and LucasArts shut down their... posted Jun 24, 11 7:43pm
Have you ever watched Star Wars as a little kid and said "I've always wanted to live...
When I heard about galaxies, I signed up for the beta testing immediately. I played...
This is the first MMORPG I have played.. And I loved it for the first few months. ...
For many years i hadn't seen much to do with star wars and thought it was just some...
This is the BOMB, GREATEST, ROCKS, TUBELULAR, FABULAS, WONDERFUL,...
[quote]SAN RAFAEL, Calif. and SAN DIEGO June 17, 2003 LucasArts and Sony Online Entertainment Inc. today... posted Jun 17, 03 8:19pm
BackgroundParticipate online with thousands of players in a virtual recreation of the Star Wars universe, set during the Galactic Civil War. 8 playable races are available including Wookie and Mon Calamari. Encounter scores of other NPC races as well. Fight stormtroopers, build droids, hang out in catinas, explore the galaxy... in whatever profession the MMORPG allows.
- Eight playable species with detailed character customizability
- Entirely new 3D engine designed to portray the Star Wars galaxy in the greatest possible detail
- A seamless universe spanning both familiar and never-before seen worlds from Star Wars
- Vehicles for travel across worlds and through space
- Extensive support for player run associations
- In-depth skill-based system of advancement
- Encounter and interact with famous Star Wars characters
- Ally with the Rebel or Imperial sides of the Galactic Civil War, or remain neutral
- Build and own houses, factories, and more
- Define your own role in the galaxy; become bounty hunters, merchant, smugglers, Jedi and more!
- Full team support with future expansions and updates
Hardware Requirements<li type="square"> Windows 98 SE, Millennium, 2000, and XP
<li type="square"> Intel PIII 933 MHz or AMD Athlon 900 MHz processor (Intel P4 1.5 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1500+ recommended)
<li type="square"> 256 MB RAM (512 MB recommended)
<li type="square"> 32 MB 3D Graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting (T & L) Capability (64 MB 3D Graphics card with Vertex Shader and Pixel Shader (VS/PS) Capability recommended)
<li type="square"> Supported chipsets at release: ATI Radeon 7200/7500, ATI Radeon 8500/9000, ATI Radeon 9500/9700, Matrox Parhelia, NVIDIA GeForce 256, NVIDIA GeForce 2 family, NVIDIA GeForce 3 family, NVIDIA GeForce 4 family, NVIDIA GeForceFX family
<li type="square"> 2 GB free hard disk space
<li type="square"> Quad Speed CD-ROM drive; sound card; keyboard; mouse
Note: This online game requires an Internet connection and charges a monthly subscription fee payable by credit card
Official URLOfficial Site
- Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed (2004)
- Star Wars Galaxies: Rage of the Wookiees (2005)
- Star Wars Galaxies: Trials of Obi-Wan (2005)
- Star Wars Galaxies (2003)
- Star Wars Galaxies (2003)