BackgroundTwo years have passed since Peter Parker first hit the streets of New York City as the conflicted crime-fighter Spider-Man. Now he finds himself battling his most diabolical villain yet, the mechanized, multi-tentacled Doc Ock. The nefarious Doc Ock was once Dr. Otto Octavius, a brilliant nuclear physicist. But a freak accident transformed him from a timid researcher to a criminally insane megalomaniac who blames Spider-Man for his horrible transformation. Now the scientist Peter once idolized for his remarkable intellect has marked our web-slinger for death.
Experience total freedom as you soar through the concrete canyons of a living, breathing Manhattan, complete with familiar landmarks and bustling, traffic-clogged streets. Combat petty thugs and aid NYC citizens in challenging side-quests, or pursue the lunatic Doc Ock and other classic Spider-Man rivals. The decision is yours.
GameplaySet in a massive free-roaming, do-anything, virtual city, players swing from buildings, sling webs on structures, dive from roof tops to sidewalks, jump across skyscrapers and scale tall heights as they patrol and protect the city from the nefarious Doc Ock. Based on the plot of the movie and extending beyond the film with other diabolical Marvel villains, additional missions and random events, Spider-Man 2 is the most in-depth Super Hero game to date.
- Only game based on the Spider-Man 2 movie: Delivering an all-new story line and gaming experience.
- Most accurate depiction of Spider-Man ever: Spider-Man 2 is the only game that truly makes players feel like they are the ultimate web-slinging superhero.
- Realistic physics system: Allows webs to attach to all objects. Unique pendulum physics make swinging more fun. Now, you can swing at different heights, around corners, and more—just like Spider-Man does in the film!
- Locomotion system: Lets Spider-Man move more fluidly.
- New moves: Try out the new power jumps, run up walls, and even swing on flag poles. Players can also attach to numerous objects, from helicopters to buildings.
- New web attacks: Disarm opponents, blind enemies, web multiple opponents, rodeo up to four enemies, and bring down the sledge hammer! You can even lift opponents in the air and come at them in a vertical attack.
- New combat system: Challenges players to choose specific attack modes against each villain.
- Deep combat system: Challenges players to be more strategic.
- New "counter" system: Lets players dodge opponent advances with unique moves when taking on each different villain.
- True freedom: Spider-Man is the only free-roaming game that lets players scale the heights of the city from the streets to the rooftops.
- Heroic decisions: Random crimes allow players to save common New Yorkers while saving the world. It's the first superhero game that challenges players to interact with ordinary citizens and embark on missions designed to protect them. You can even upgrade your Spidey abilities by successfully protecting pedestrians.
- More realistic depiction of New York City: Featuring more than 30 key landmarks, including St. Patrick's Cathedral, Central Park, and the Statue of Liberty.
- New villains: Fight Spider-Man's new enemies from the latest hit movie, including Mysterio, Black Cat, and Rhino.
- Strong voice over cast: From Alfred Molina and Tobey to Kirsten Dunst and Bruce Campbell, this game boasts a stellar cast of talent.
Hardware RequirementsWindows XP/2000/ME/98
Pentium 3 600MHz or Athlon 600 MHz or higher processor
100% DirectX 9.0b-compliant 16 MB video card and drivers
4x CD-ROM Drive
DirectX 9.0b-compatible 16-bit sound card
827 MB (plus 400 MB for Windows swap file)
Official URLOfficial Site
mahin and 2 others played Spider-Man 2
feco91 and 8 others own Spider-Man 2
- Genre: Adventure (PC)
- Theme(s): Mechs/Bionics, Mob/Organized Crime, Police/S.W.A.T.
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Treyarch
- Publisher: Activision
Released North America Jun 28, 2004 Europe Jul 9, 2004 Australia Jul 1, 2004