BackgroundFor five years the terrible conflict around the Mysterious shadows sundered the country of the Dark Elves and fanned the flames of a civil war amongst them. Even beyond the borders of their territories unrest prevails: a new power rises in Eo, a threat that seems to spread its shadow over the whole realm and endangers the people's ancient alliances...
Craig Un'Shallach, Dark Elf General and member of the Dracon caste, fights alongside his clan against the influence of the ominous Shadows, but the tide of war turns against him. When defeat seems imminent, his daughter Nightsong escapes in order to warn of the approaching menace.
She flees into the borderlands between the realms of humans and the dark elves to alarm the humans about the pact between Shadows and Dark Elves and of the army of the Shadows, which advances under the guidance of the insane alchemist Sorvina towards the realms of the light!
With this alarming knowledge Nightsong reaches the fortress of the Shaikan, the legendary dragon warriors, bonded by blood with an ancient dragon, feared by the races of light and darkness alike. There she receives the unexpected assistance of a courageous Shaikan who joins her journey to tell the tale of the Shadows and Sorvina and to save his homeland and family.
However, to resist the impeding doom powerful armies will be required. The dormant alliance of light must be reforged, no easy task for two creatures counted amongst the enemies of Light....
GameplayIn SpellForce 2, the player takes over the role of the avatar, solving quests and overcoming obstacles as in classical RPGs, but also experiences strategic challenges while leading armies as in an RTS – therefore offering a complete synthesis of both genres in a perfect blend.
The player's character, equipped with a multitude of unique skills, spells and a great variety of items, weapons and armor, with the ability to level- up in a direction chosen by the player, is supported by up to five heroes. These heroes are part of the story and become important individuals as the tale unfolds, while their careers are chosen by the player at critical junctures.
Furthermore, in most scenarios of this detailed and lush fantasy world, the player leads one of three factions; The Realm, The Clan or The Pact and builds bases to gather resources and rally troops – preparing for epic battles! The Player will discover familiar elements, but most of all he'll experience a game like he has never played before – both in single and multiplayer modes.
The most beautiful, perfect and deadly of the Dark Races, the Dark Elves, are threatening to overrun mankind...Try to resist their Invasion and lead the Avatar and his heroes in forging new alliances to combat them! However you will soon come to realize that even more sinister forces are at work...Lead your armies in monumental battles and unravel the truth behind this epic story.The burden of ancient blood is heavy, it has fallen on you to carry it...
- Innovative new Role-Playing-Strategy Genre
- Click'n'Fight and Quick-Action-Buttons: The revolutionary control system guarantees instant action, and a wealth of unique tactical possibilities at your fingertips
- Optimize your strategies with the new replay feature
- Master an epic quest with a gripping storyline and 50+ hours of game-play and a wealth of sub-quests!
- Take your pick from a rich variety of skills and spells offering endless combinations for your character
Avatar and heroes
- Choose from over 100 original Avatar skills
- Easy Skill tree system that allows you individual character development
- Form your band of customizable heroes with their own motives and goals – from powerful elemental mages to necromancer, healers or archers
- Enjoy a highly detailed and living fantasy world that adapts to the actions of the player: Fight monsters, gather items, adventure, trade and collect mighty artifacts to use for your battles
- Experience spectacular landscapes with striking environmental effects, from third person to isometric view
Fractions and Races
- Lead The Realm, The Clans or The Pact to victory, with 12 very different units consisting of infantry, cavalry and flyers
- Command 9 different races: humans, elves, dwarves, trolls, orcs, barbarians, dark elves, gargoyles and shadows
- Special unit characteristics like camouflage or berserk
- Fight against even more AI controlled races such as the dreadful Undead or wild Beastmen
- Unleash the mighty masters of the battlefield: the powerful Titans
- Experience different multi-player modes in over 30 stunning multi-player maps for Player vs. Player & Player vs. AI/Monsters, including exciting online interaction with intelligent and adaptive enemy AI
- Unique to any multiplayer game, Avatars gain levels & equipment and can be used in both RTS and RPG, player vs. player or co-op multi-player games
Hardware RequirementsMicrosoft Windows 2000/XP
Intel Pentium 4 1.6 GHz or AMD Sempron 2800+ or higher
512 MB RAM
5 GB free disk space
DirectX 9.0 compatible Sound Card
3D Hardware Accelerator Card Required - 100% DirectX 9.0 compatible 128 MB with latest drivers
8x speed CD-ROM drive or 4X DVD-ROM drive
OS:Windows XP Intel Pentium D 3.0 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 4000+ or higher
1 GB RAM
Video Card*:Geforce 6800 or Radeon X850 256 MB or better 3D Accelerator Card
Official URLOfficial Site
xXShadXx and 14 others own SpellForce 2: Shadow Wars
mahalapejic and 2 others played SpellForce 2: Shadow Wars
jimwinghamI have just got hold of the game. Can`t play it as I am told to contact customer support to give them some information. Help SpellForce2ShadowWars PC
Oct 22, 09 3:25pm
Mar 27, 08 12:02am
When I opened up the packaging of my new graphics card and found a copy of...
- Genre: Fantasy RPG (PC)
- Theme(s): Fantasy
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Phenomic
- Publisher: JoWood Productions
Released North America May 5, 2006 Europe Apr 21, 2006 Australia May 9, 2006