BackgroundHow fast can you go? If you love to cut loose through twisting, whipping, upside-down flipping loop-de-loops, you'll love Sonic R! You'll steer Sonic's usual crew through the 3D circuits with 360-degree character control. Sonic R is the fastest hedgehog in a twisting, turning, upside-down corkscrewing race. Other racers, hidden track smokers, and five blistering circuits pose great challenges.
- Grand Prix Mode - Prove yourself the fastest in the world by winning a series of Grand Prix for the ultimate prize
- Time Attack Mode - Don't just race against time but maximise your points by popping the balloons
- Weather Condition System - Changing weather conditions affect the way you race
Hardware Requirements<li type="square"> 133 MHz Pentium processor minimum
<li type="square"> Windows 95
<li type="square"> 16 MB RAM
<li type="square"> 2x CD-ROM
<li type="square"> 256-color SVGA (game also supports DirectDraw, Direct3D, and Force Feedback)
<li type="square"> Sound Blaster 16 or compatible soundcard
<li type="square"> Windows-compatible steering wheel and pedals, joystick, and game pad
<li type="square"> IPX, TCP/IP, modem, or serial link (for multiplayer games)
Like my title, the game is fun for about an hour or two, but then it is over because...
This game is a great example of a racing game for the PC with every-body's favorite...
A totally different Sonic game than others, this one attempts to make a racing game...
- Genre: Other Racing Simulation (PC)
- Developer: Travellers Tales
- Publisher: Sega
Released North America Nov 16, 1998