The time of Diplomacy is over. The length of the war and differing opinions on what should be done to bring the war to an end has led to a splintering of the groups involved. The controlling powers-that-be have depleted arsenals and seemed to have exhausted all efforts of diplomacy. Trapped in a stalemate, sub-factions have rebelled and broken off the main alignments. Rebellion is upon us.
The exciting next chapter in the awesome Sins of a Solar Empire universe has arrived. A full-fledged expansion to the original, Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion draws you even deeper into the galactic struggle for supremacy with appealing new factions, terrifyingly cool new ships of all sizes, enhanced lighting and particle effects for increased visual pleasure and all-new victory conditions.
- New Factions: Players decide whether to become Loyalists or Rebels, which unlocks a unique new tech tree granting them new technologies and ship variants.
- New Titan-class ships: Massive warships for each race that dwarf capital ships, these deadly new monsters are capable of wiping out entire enemy fleets single-handedly.
- New Capital Ships: A new capital ship class arrives, giving players new strategic options.
- New Corvette-class ships: Small, highly maneuverable light ships that are adept at a variety of tasks.
- Loyalist and Rebel versions of some of the existing Sins’ frigates and cruisers, each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses.
- Updated lighting and particle effects for enhanced visuals.
- New Victory Conditions to allow for more variety, differing strategies and shorter game sessions.
- Additional capital ship ability levels, for greater strategic choice.
- Impulse::Reactor support for chat, friends, achievements and more.
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion's 'Forbidden Worlds' DLC embarks June 5, colonization approaches May 9
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion update adds 40 maps, fixes Nov 14
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion becomes Stardock's fastest selling title Jul 26
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion multiplayer aims to be more accessible, includes Steam integration May 25
Sins of a Solar Empire players are kings among men in my book. It really doesn't get any more epic than spreading... posted May 09, 13 11:24am
Don't every say Ironclad Games never did nothin' for ya: the 1.1 patch for space strategy game Sins of A Solar... posted Nov 14, 12 7:09am
A number of Sins of a Solar Empire fans have gone out of their way to create what might be the coolest crossover... posted Oct 10, 12 2:40pm
Stardock's latest release, Ironclad Games' Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion, has accumulated over 100,000 unit... posted Jul 25, 12 3:08pm
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion multiplayer aims to be more accessible, includes Steam integration
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion, the upcoming standalone expansion for SOSE, will be adopting better Steam... posted May 25, 12 9:11pm
Strategy fans can have another taste of Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion as the standalone expansion enters its... posted May 16, 12 12:26pm
Expect to see the next Sins of a Solar Empire this summer, when the standalone Rebellion expansion arrives on... posted Apr 05, 12 12:56pm
Lots of folks love a good story set in space, and the upcoming standalone expansion Sins of a Solar Empire:... posted Apr 02, 12 2:05pm
The Sins of the Solar Empire: Rebellion beta went live today for anyone who pre-ordered the first Sins standalone... posted Mar 01, 12 3:41pm
RTS doesn't get any more epic than Sins of a Solar Empire. To the folks at Ironclad and Stardock, deep space is... posted Mar 01, 11 10:30pm
- Genre: Real-time Strategy (PC)
- Theme(s): Sci-Fi (Futuristic)
- Perspective(s): Isometric
- Developer: Ironclad Games
- Publisher: Stardock
Released North America Jun 12, 2012