BackgroundThe inhabitants of Nelwë mastered magic since the oldest times of antiquity. Their elementalists, warrior magicians and necromancers learned to draw from the very essence of the universe the power which enabled them to shape the world to their will. Thankful for this, the Nelwëans deified the four elements in a quartet of dragons: Aefis, the king of the air who commands the sylphs, Frakkir, the sultan of the volcano palace where the salamanders live; Elugh, the lord of the depths and the only lover of all the sirens; Toghon, the emperor of the titans who live in the bowels of the earth. From their interplay and their unions were born the world and the creatures that inhabit it. Myths tell of the goblins who, with their aptitude for iron-work, descended from Frakkir. The humans, malleable like clay, would become the children of Toghon. Aefis would be the grandmother of the fleet-footed elves while the grey-skinned trolls would be born in the depths of the lakes created by Elugh.
Each race, each country and even certain cities have their pantheon of gods or patron saints, occasionally numerous ones (like the warrior trolls of Cloudworks, who systematically canonise dead fighters who are 30 years of age or older), but none of them know the universal radiance of the Four Dragons.
Previously each city had its own elementalist temple. There they venerated the demiurgic quartet, but they also taught magic to those who had the talent. The most gifted among the elves would become elementalists, the elite among both the intellectual and the religious of Nelwë.
But times have changed. Today there are no more than two elementalist temples: one at Silverfall, the capitol of the enlightened kingdom of Egreïd, and the other in the magical city of Blazis, on the volcanic isle of Forge.
GameplayTo win, the player must take sides between the two great powers that share the world today: nature and technology. Throughout his adventure and during each quest, the player will be able to make choices leading to one way or the other.
The choices influence the game in several ways:
- Recruitment of different allies for the final battle. The goblins of Cloudworks will help you if you choose technology, the Beast-men of Gaïan if you select nature.
- Different weapons and armour have an influence on the battles and the visual aspect of the player.
- Two separate skill trees each provide 10 special talents (lycanthropy or implant, insect invocations or radioactivity..). These skills are not offered to the player choosing the opposite way. A player who has the skill of lycanthropy instead of having implants will not fight in the same manner. Lycanthropy increases the player's force and speed of combat and gives him the "berserk" capacity. It is very interesting for players who have not developed their physical skills very much as this allows them occasionally to be very effective in melee combat. The implants, when received, provide specific skill bonuses. For example, a mechanical arm will provide bonuses in long distance precision shooting and the possibility of using firearms.
- Modification of Silverfall, the principal city, according to the player's alignment. The city changes in appearance, the merchants do not sell the same merchandise, etc...
In Silverfall, a whole trove of skills is unlocked (gradually according the player's progression) that is inaccessible by choosing the other way (but which can be replayed in that way, as well).
- Create your own character from 8 races.
- Manage your evolution by choosing among 150+ skills and spells.
- Build your team out of 3 from 8 possible companions.
- Your choices during the quests can influence the world
- A vast, open fantasy universe offering complete freedom
- Climatic SFX, night and day cycle
- Multiplayer mode in cooperative or PVP up to 8 players
- Over 160 creatures and bosses
- 25 hours of game play and 200 side quests
- Total open map to explore no set path
- The world is separated in two great philosophies the way of nature and the way of technology
- Become king - This city will evolve depending of some actions and quests done by the player
- Hack n Slash
- Physic engine used in combat and to give more reality to spells
Hardware RequirementsCPU: 2 GHz with 512 MB of RAM
Graphic Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible 3D card with 128 MB
Nvidia FX 5200, ATI 9500 or above
Hard drive: 10 GB of available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9 compatible