BackgroundSilent Hunter 5 ventures into uncharted territory and takes players behind the periscope of a German U-boat to take on the Allied Forces in famous battles across the vast Atlantic Ocean and Mediterranean Sea. For the first time in the history of the series, players can live the life of a submarine captain from a first-person view and lead a crew in a critical campaign.
- VIEW AS A CAPTAIN: Walk through highly detailed submarines in the new first-person view and access every part of your U-boat.
- BECOME A REAL LEADER: Interact with your crew, watch them perform their daily jobs and experience the tension and fear inside the U-boat through the new advanced order system.
- WAR STRATEGIES: Choose your own strategy and select your targets with a new objective-driven, dynamic campaign.
- ENEMY REACTIONS: Open new locations, upgrades and resupply possibilities, while the Allied ships adjust dynamically to your approach. Your actions will directly impact the evolution of the campaign.
- NEW USER INTERFACE: Prowl the waters with a brand-new user interface. Now, every beginner can successfully command a sub while remaining free of confusion. In expert mode, experienced players will be provided all the necessary information and controls to command the sub completely on their own.
- CINEMATIC EXPERIENCE: Experience the most realistic and immersive Silent Hunter ever created. Improved environment graphics create a powerful level of immersion as you operate authentic, highly detailed U-boats and fight against surface ships.
- silent hunter 5 May 30
[image1 link=yes width=250 height=188 float=right] Ubisoft's new DRM scheme -- which requires a permanent... posted Mar 08, 10 6:20pm
Fresh on the shelves, a patch has been released for the sub sim Silent Hunter 5, covering various bugs in the... posted Mar 03, 10 8:27pm
[image1 link=yes width=345 height=207] The sub simulator Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic is soon to... posted Jan 26, 10 4:59am
Ubisoft Romania, it's just been announced, is working on a sequel in the long-running submarine simulation... posted Aug 18, 09 9:14pm
- Genre: Simulation Water Based (PC)
- Theme(s): Historical, Naval
- Perspective(s): First Person,Third Person
- Developer: Ubisoft
- Publisher: Ubisoft
Released North America Mar 4, 2010