BackgroundShrek 2 takes players on a wild adventure with Shrek and his buddies. Gamers revisit key scenes from the movie sequel while discovering all-new locations and characters. Shrek 2 combines squad-based action with traditional action-adventure elements. Players can control a team of four and play as Shrek or any of his seven friends, switching between each to best utilize the character's unique abilities to solve puzzles, fight monsters and complete dangerous and thrilling adventures.
GameplayGo beyond the film as you guide Shrek and all his pals on a thrilling, squad-based action-adventure. Voyage through familiar haunts like Shrek's swamp. Explore all-new areas like Far Far Away and even locations not seen in the film, like Billy Goat's Gruff Bridge, the Spooky Forest, and the Dwarven Mines.
Get 3 of your friends together and watch the mayhem multiply. Choose 4 characters from a list of 10, including Shrek and Princess Fiona, Donkey, Puss in Boots and Lil' Red, and everybody plays at once. Tag-team baddies and use each character's special abilities to solve puzzles and accomplish mission objectives. Switch among characters in the heat of battle. Laugh out loud as you and your pals are treated to hours of comic dialogue and sight gags.
Experience Hero Time. Master each character's unique special moves in single-player segments and mini-quests that feature one character at a time. Then show off the skills you've perfected in the main game and start cleaning swamp!
- Play as Shrek or any of 10 of his friends: You can even take the role of new characters not seen in the Shrek 2 movie.
- Visit locations from the movie and beyond: Includes all-new locations like "Walking the Path" and the Dwarven Mines.
- Switch between 4 characters: Use each character's unique skills to help you accomplish your mission. Use Shrek's orge strength to lift heavy objects, Donkey's burro kick to open doors and locked gates, or Princess Fiona's ability to slow time to beat up the bad guys more effectively.
- Embark on a multiplayer adventure: Four-player mode allows up to 3 of your friends to join in without stopping gameplay.
- Experience "Hero Time": Special mini-games highlight certain characters alone, giving them their own time to shine.
- Laugh while you play: Enjoy hilarious dialogue and funny gags throughout 12 hours of adventurous gameplay
Hardware RequirementsPentium® 500 MHz or higher
Microsoft® Windows® 98 or above operating system
100% Windows® compatible computer system (including compatible
32-bit drivers for CD-ROM, video card, sound card and input devices)
32 MB RAM
Sixteen Speed (16x) CD-ROM drive
SVGA video card capable of 800x600 and 16-bit color
100% compatible Windows® 16-bit sound card and drivers
100% compatible Windows® mouse and drivers
100% compatible Windows® printer and drivers
200 MB of uncompressed hard drive space
Demonic_Angel and 3 others own Shrek 2
Charizard_2 played Shrek 2
- Genre: Adventure (PC)
- Theme(s): Family
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: TDK Mediactive
- Publisher: Activision
Released North America May 3, 2004 Australia May 28, 2004