Release Dates NA Apr 9, 10
BackgroundThe planet has been overrun by a living plague, consisting of nightmarish creatures that are slowly turning Earth into a barren wasteland. With humanity at the brink of extinction and worldwide communications in disarray, small groups of survivors must struggle to stay alive long enough to find out why these creatures are here and, if possible, figure out a way to defeat this dangerous and mysterious threat.
- Story: Scourge: Enemy Within is essentially a mystery story, supported by all the intense action that FPS fans love. Scourge will keep you immersed and fascinated right up until the final revelations of the plot.
- Squad-Based Gameplay: Take command of a squad of Special Forces operatives as you fight your way through enemy-infested territory. Issue orders and watch your team-mates execute them efficiently and intelligently.
- Full Cooperative Mode: Scourge's story will be fully playable in Cooperative Multiplayer, allowing up to five players to take on the roles of Sergeant Victor Dantrix and his Special Ops squad through the entire game!
- Weapons & Accessories: With a wide variety of modern military-grade equipment at your disposal, mix and match weapons and accessories according to your preference. An assault rifle with a x4 scope, silencer, grenade launcher, bipod, magazine clamp and red-dot laser? No problem. Lock and load!
- Vehicles: With large open terrain to traverse, vehicles are all-important. Choose from a variety of different vehicle types, each with the option of customising mounted weapons and armour. Use them as personnel transport, fighting platforms or even temporary storage for items found during missions.
- Un-predictable Enemies: Enemies in Scourge don't just sit around in the same place every time, waiting for you to arrive and kill them. They each move around, according to their behaviours and responsibilities, making movement through every area a tense and unknown experience no matter how many times you play it.
- Linear Story, Non-Linear Gameplay: Though the story itself is fixed, the gameplay is very open to experimentation. There is no 'right' path to take from one mission location to the next. It all depends on how you want to play. Exploration is even encouraged by placement of many hidden locations with salvageable equipment and information.
- Multiplayer: All multiplayer modes share a common theme: They fit within the back-story of Scourge: Enemy Within. Play a combination of unique and established multiplayer modes, all of which have been tweaked to represent mysterious past events leading up to the beginning of Scourge's story.
- Replay Value: The 25+ missions in Scourge all involve Variable Mission Elements, which are mission events with several possible variants, each designed to offer interesting twists for people who want to play through the game multiple times.