BackgroundSet 50 years after the climactic events of the original Red Faction, Red Faction: Guerrilla allows players to take the role of an insurgent fighter with the newly re-established Red Faction movement as they battle for liberation from the oppressive Earth Defense Force. Red Faction: Guerrilla re-defines the limits of destruction-based game-play with a huge open-world, fast-paced guerrilla-style combat, and true physics-based destruction.
- Open World Guerrilla Warfare: You decide who, when, where and how to battle. Utilize guerrilla tactics, improvised weaponry, and modified vehicles to lead insurgent attacks on EDF targets. Launch attacks based on your own gameplay style, take on missions in any order you choose, or engage in destructive activities to weaken the EDF’s grip on Mars.
- Strategic Destruction: Use destruction to your tactical advantage, setting ambushes or chain reaction explosions to attack enemy strongholds and permanently modify the game environment. Leverage fully-dynamic physics-based destruction to improvise on the fly: blow holes in a wall or floor to set an ambush or escape, take out a staircase to stop your pursuers, or drive vehicles through blown out walls.
- Evolving & Emergent Gameplay: Carve your path through an ever changing landscape as you improvise your combat tactics – mixing gameplay styles, vehicles, weapons and explosives to defeat the EDF.
- Epic Sci-Fi Setting: Explore the huge, unforgiving Martian landscape, from the desolate mining outpost of Parker to the gleaming EDF capital city of Eos; then tear through the fully destructible open-world environments swarming with EDF forces, Red Faction resistance fighters, and the downtrodden settlers caught in the cross-fire.
- Multiplayer Combat: There is no place to hide when you put your guerrilla warfare skills to the test in a variety of highly destructive multiplayer combat modes.
Official URLOfficial Site
The Darksiders and Red Faction franchises are far from dead. Nordic Games, current owners of... posted Feb 13, 14 7:49pm
Red Faction and Saint's Row series developer Volition says they're now committed to the PC, and won't be... posted Mar 17, 11 1:11pm
The second patch for the PC version of Red Faction: Guerilla is now live. Those who download it will be treated... posted Apr 07, 10 7:29pm
Volition thought up a nice way to give something to Red Faction: Guerilla fans for Christmas, while at the same... posted Dec 17, 09 7:54pm
Microsoft's download service Games on Demand has just launched on the PC via Games for Windows LIVE (GfWL). As... posted Dec 16, 09 12:46am
Who says Microsoft doesn't support the PC? Well, we do. But it gets a little better today: the previously... posted Dec 03, 09 8:57pm
The holiday season is approaching quickly and that means some big sales are going to be popping up everywhere.... posted Nov 26, 09 5:28am
Red Faction: Guerrilla is now ready to go, if you want to play it on the PC. THQ is suggesting a $40 price tag for... posted Sep 15, 09 6:24pm
THQ sure knows how to promote a game: in light of the recent launch of Red Faction: Guerilla, they decided yesterday... posted Jun 11, 09 3:21pm
- Genre: Shooter Action (PC)
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Volition
- Publisher: THQ
Released North America Sep 15, 2009 Europe Sep 18, 2009 Australia Sep 17, 2009