BackgroundOur main character, an entity named "Alex Mercer", wakes up to find himself on an experimentation table with no memory of his past. Emerging from a mysterious lab into the bustling city streets of New York, it's quickly apparent that he has a deeper mystery to unravel than a bout of amnesia. Whatever he was before, it's now questionable whether he's even human any more - or if he ever was in the first place. What sets Mercer apart is the disturbing ability to kill and absorb any other person he encounters...
GameplayPlay as the most powerful and dynamic character ever created with innovative shapeshifting powers and over the top parkour locomotion movement. Stalk the streets of New York City, searching for the life you lead before. Take the form of anyone in your path, using an arsenal of identities to confound, exploit or annihilate your enemies. Mankind is your mask.
- Shapeshifting: Attack with brutal and devastating powers; instantly triggering hundreds of power combinations (Attack, Defensive and Sensory).
- Disguise: Assume the perfect disguise by transforming into any character and assuming the victim's powers, skills and abilities.
- Open-World Action Thriller: New York City is your hunting ground! Jam-packed, vibrant, fully interactive city filled with thousands of people and enemies out to destroy you.
- Conspiracy Based Storyline: Delve to the bottom of a conspiracy that has haunted the American government for decades. Who is responsible for your condition? Only you can find out!
- Multiplayer: 2 Person Co-Op Online Multiplayer.
Official URLOfficial Site
member3494 and 115 others own Prototype
Zehl and 5 others played Prototype
nasty nappaa gory and and good game with a good free roaming element to it but is very repetetive and needs a better variety of beasts Prototype PC
Jun 19, 11 10:24am
deathreaper82just bought this, sorta like the hulk for wii or ps2 but its way better and better graphics, awesome limb transformation,9.8/10 Prototype PC
Mar 05, 11 7:12pm
BOONaMAi_ReedbkwrdzTrying to get platinum in all events, so far so good, need time! SOmething i dont have!
Nov 07, 10 9:17pm
HyenaBonzAMASSING Game! :D :D :D :D :D This Is One Of My Favourite Games And I'm Only Praying For A Number 2 I Highly Recommend It Alex Mercer...
Aug 15, 10 11:31am
JasonKaoticI got overhyped about it. It looks amazing, but it actually gets boring really quickly. Much to my surprise.
Jul 22, 10 1:46pm
EvasionAlmost platinum!!! However, I'm pretty sure I'll never plug this game in again.
Apr 21, 10 9:15pm
Apr 01, 10 7:36am
ed xsuch a good game
Jan 17, 10 12:47pm
P2P monitoring website Torrentfreak has released its figures for 2009, showing us the top five titles per... posted Dec 28, 09 1:05am
ChigginsHoly crap. I'm freaking loving this game. Its like Spider-Man mixed with GTA. Prototype PC
Aug 30, 09 9:22pm
Big_JackWoot I is jumping over buildings and smashing things to bits! Think Crackdown but better and more brutal.
Aug 25, 09 5:51pm
Dark AssassinLooks real fun!!!
Jul 16, 09 7:10am
Jun 27, 09 11:49am
Jun 25, 09 3:06pm
- Genre: Adventure (PC)
- Theme(s): Fantasy, Military, Sci-Fi (Futuristic)
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Radical Entertainment
- Publisher: Sierra
Released North America Jun 9, 2009 Europe Jun 12, 2009 Japan Q2 2009 Australia Jun 10, 2009