BackgroundExhaust drifts across the asphalt as engines roar and tyres scream their impatience against the red-hot surface. Sunlight sparks off the bodywork of the touring cars drawing up to the grid and on the track ahead, heat shimmers transform the raceway into treacherous pools of quicksilver.
As a car pulls into the number three position on the grid, the crowd explodes. Ryan McKane, the meteoric newcomer who's taking the closed wheel racing circuit by storm, leans from his window to acknowledge his adoring fans. Not yet World Champion, but far from the unknown test driver of just a few short months ago, Ryan's career has its foot hard on the gas pedal, powering towards the chequered flag.
It's going to take all your courage, all your skill and all your driving passion to take Ryan from rookie to a world-beating Pro Race Driver, in this first-of-its-kind cinematic thrill-ride of a game. Power slide around the opposition, face your challenges head-on, cheer the successes and mourn the losses, but above all of these WIN.
- 42 licensed touring & race cars including Mercedes CLK, Alfa Romeo GTV and Viper GTS.
- 38 international circuits recreated under licence including Bathurst, Hockenheim and Silverstone.
- 13 global Championships including official series: DTM from Germany, V8 Supercars from Australia and the Britsh Touring Car Championship.
- The roar of the cars' engines and the dramatic story sequences sound better than ever. With support any for surround sound mode up to and including 5.1, also supporting EAX, enabling reverberation and environmental audio effects.
- Use of Matrox Surround Gaming, game play can be viewed across three linked monitors, players to see the circuit and cars ahead and to the sides. Giving a dramatic sensation of actually being inside the car, the central monitor displays the camera view of the track ahead. The monitors to the left and the right show the camera views from either side of the car, enabling players to see which rival racers are closing in on their position. In a race replay, the display provides an ultra-wide field of view across all 3-screens.
- Qualifying for each race will now be featured within the championship mode. In Australia's V8 Supercar Championship series, players will beable to experience the 'Shoot out' qualification system.
- State-of-the-art car physics engine, tested for realism by professional race drivers.
- Involving and intriguing blockbuster storyline draws the player deep into the lives of the characters.
- Customizable car setup provides a uniquely true-to-life driving and performance experience.
- Genre-beating, bumper-to-bumper racing with up to 20 cars all gunning for position on track at once.
- Massive play and replay value – Pro Race Driver features a massive 13 full World Championships.
- Great soundtrack featuring Ash, Iggy and the Stooges, Thin Lizzy, Morceeba, Al Green and Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Official URLOfficial Site
- Steering sensitivity Feb 8
Speed Demon owns Pro Race Driver
This game is one of the few racing games with any plot whatsoever. Overall this game...
The best car simulator I played.
It's better when you have a GeForce 4.
- Genre: Racing Simulation - Car
- Developer: Codemasters
- Publisher: Codemasters
Released North America Apr 17, 2003 Europe Mar 28, 2003
- Also known as:
- TOCA Race Driver in Europe
- V8 Supercars: Race Driver in Australia