BackgroundRace, chase and explore your way to become the Most Wanted. Criterion Games is reimagining the Need for Speed franchise’s fan favorite and bestselling game, Need for Speed Most Wanted. Designed for a new, more connected generation of racing fans, Need for Speed Most Wanted offers players an expansive open world packed with exhilarating action where they can choose their own path to become the Most Wanted . Players will have the freedom to drive anywhere, discover hidden gameplay, take down rivals, challenge friends or just hang out and toy with the cops. Everything they do counts towards the end goal of becoming the #1 on their personal Most Wanted list.
Game PlayDesigned for a new, more connected generation of racing fans, Need for Speed Most Wanted offers players an expansive open world packed with exhilarating action where they can choose their own path to become the Most Wanted . Players will have the freedom to drive anywhere, discover hidden gameplay, take down rivals, challenge friends or just hang out and toy with the cops. Everything they do counts towards the end goal of becoming the #1 on their personal Most Wanted list.
- Race without Rules. The only rule in Most Wanted is to race without rules. There’s a start and a finish to every race – but how the player races, where and when they choose to compete, and the skills they choose to compete with – are all up to the player.
- Freedom in an Open World. From the moment the game starts, the entire world is open and ready to explore as gamers race to become the Most Wanted. The exciting open world gives players the freedom to explore more than just the road - drive above street level and jump in, out or over other building and objects. The world opens up and challenges players to test their racing skills, awareness of the terrain, knowledge of the world and mastery of weapons to take down their rivals.
- Epic Cop Chases at the Heart of the Competition. As soon as a player is spotted speeding, crashing or driving dangerously anywhere in Fairhaven City, cops are alerted and the heat is on! Heat on the player will increase the longer a chase continues, escalating faster if the player disables or destroys police vehicles.
- Competition Anytime, Anywhere. With Autolog 2, the next evolution of the ground-breaking, friend-connecting Autolog technology, players can once again recommend gameplay challenges across a their social network, but this time within both single player and multiplayer gameplay. Everything the player does earns Speed Points that will take them up the Most Wanted list – from competing for best race times and racing for the highest scores in a pursuit, to grabbing the fastest time and more. Autolog powers the player’s way to the top by automatically populating the map with challenges, helping locate friends in-game, and tracking progress and accomplishments – both offline and online. If there’s something to do, there’s someone to beat.
- Continuous Multiplayer Action. No menus. No lobbies. No restrictions. Most Wanted introduces a new style of nonstop multiplayer action that continually serves up rewards and challenges so gamers are constantly one-upping their friends. Whether it’s competing for the best starting position, the ultimate jump, or finishing first place, with the introduction of the new PlayList system, Most Wanted serves up constant gameplay and robust challenges to ensure fun, friendly, non-stop competition.
Official URLNFS: Most Wanted
Criterion Lead Cinematic Artist for Marketing Pete Panton, what a great guy, updated his LinkedIn profile with a... posted Apr 05, 13 11:23am
Who doesn't want more cars? Certainly not anyone who plays racing games. Need for Speed Most Wanted now has three... posted Feb 26, 13 11:26am
November NPD Number Crunch: Xbox 360 hardware sales nearly double other consoles, including Wii U & Wii combined
Halo 4 may not have topped the record-setting launch week sales of Activision's Call of Duty: Black Ops II, but... posted Dec 07, 12 10:56am
The pitch of paying 800MSP or $9.99 for five cars to add to Need for Speed: Most Wanted's already reasonable... posted Dec 05, 12 7:16pm
Criterion's Need for Speed: Most Wanted will be out before you know it, and we've got a new launch trailer for... posted Oct 26, 12 3:29pm
Criterion's Need for Speed: Most Wanted launches in a few days, so it's about time you got a good feel for it... posted Oct 25, 12 8:08am
The latest video for Criterion's Need for Speed: Most Wanted focuses hard on multiplayer. Specifically, you get a... posted Oct 12, 12 7:05am
A new trailer for Need for Speed: Most Wanted landed today, showing off a bit of that illegal racing goodness.... posted Sep 25, 12 3:44pm
A new trailer for Need for Speed: Most Wanted landed today, showing off a bit of that illegal racing goodness.... posted Sep 25, 12 3:43pm
Screenshots are still coming in from gamescom, apparently. In today's case, they're for racer Need For Speed:... posted Sep 10, 12 7:41am
A third gameplay video for Need for Speed: Most Wanted is here, so if you're not sick of seeing its beautiful... posted Aug 29, 12 7:13am
Newly-formed EA Gothenburg is developing a new Need For Speed title with Critertion. According to the... posted Aug 22, 12 7:28am
A new Need for Speed: Most Wanted trailer arrives today, offering a quick look at what we can expect in the... posted Aug 14, 12 1:13pm
A new video in today for racer Need For Speed: Most Wanted features a few of the cars you'll be driving come... posted Aug 02, 12 7:10am
If you're excited enough to go out and pre-order Need for Speed: Most Wanted -- the one coming this year -- you... posted Jul 16, 12 2:53pm
- Genre: Racing Simulation - Car
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Criterion Games
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
Released North America Oct 30, 2012 Europe Nov 2, 2012
- Need for Speed Rivals
- Need for Speed Underground 2
- Need For Speed Underground
- Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed
- Need for Speed: High Stakes
- Need For Speed: Most Wanted
- Need For Speed Most Wanted: Black Edition
- Need for Speed Underground 2
- Need For Speed Underground
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2