BackgroundWithin the visually awe-inspiring world of Myst, a gripping family drama unfolds. A little girl disappears, her two brothers are suspected, and it is clear that their are details that pieces are missing to the puzzle. Players escape into the adventure as they attempt to discover the fate of the two villainous brothers, Sirrus and Achenar. Understanding their motives is the key to the investigation which will lead to a true "revelation."
GameplayThe player must venture through this puzzling game in a first-person mode, that allows him full reign of everything he can explore. One can advance his progress in this game only by solving the new mysteries that are presented. Unlike previous Myst games, Myst IV Revelation has a non-linear direction, and invites the player to choose and find his own path, rather than lead him to it.
- Unravel an intricate mystery: Solve elusive puzzles and enlist the help of others as you uncover secrets left buried since the original Myst.
- Adventure through rich and vital worlds: Myst's astonishing new visuals will enthrall you with opulent landscapes brimming with life, while tense, live-action cut scenes draw you deeper into the labyrinthine plot.
- Original song by Peter Gabriel: Drift away on an ambient soundtrack composed by Jack Wall and a special contribution by world-renowned artist Peter Gabriel.
- Record your discoveries: Capture clues by taking original photographs of Myst's lush environments, and keep track of your explorations in your in-game journal.
- Bring along a guide: Take advantage of the optional multi-layered help system, including illuminating flashbacks and an intuitive Zip mode that transports you from place to place.
Hardware RequirementsSupported OS: Windows 98SE/2000/Me/XP (only)
Processor: 700 MHz Pentium III or AMD Athlon or better (Pentium IV recommended)
RAM: 128 MB RAM (256 recommended) (256 MB required for XP)
Video Card: 32 MB DirectX 9-compliant video card (64 MB recommended)
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0-compliant sound card
DirectX: DirectX 9.0 (included on DVD)
DVD: 4x DVD or faster
Hard Drive Space: 3 GB free
Display: 800x600 display
Official URLOfficial Site
Developer and publisher Cyan Worlds has licensed the rights to produce a feature film based on the coveted Myst... posted Oct 04, 10 5:32pm
Even though the very first Myst game had come out almost ten years prior, the...
Well, here we have a great game, in fact the best of the series. In the first few...
- Genre: Mystery Adventure (PC)
- Theme(s): Fantasy
- Perspective(s): First Person,Third Person
- Developer: Ubisoft
- Publisher: Ubisoft
Released North America Sep 28, 2004
- Myst (1994)
- Myst Collector's Edition (1990)
- Myst III: Exile (2001)
- Myst V: End of Ages (2005)
- Myst: Masterpiece Edition (2001)
- Myst: Uru Complete Chronicles (2004)
- realMYST (2000)
- Riven: The Sequel to Myst (1998)
- Uru: Ages Beyond Myst (2003)
- Uru: Path of the Shell (2004)
- Myst III: Exile (2002)
- Riven: The Sequel to Myst (1997)
- Myst (2008)