BackgroundMiner Wars is a first-person action-survival space simulation game set in the year 2081. This first installment of the Miner Wars franchise. There are currently two branches: Miner Wars 2081 as a classical single-player, co-op and multi-player and Miner Wars MMO as a massive multiplayer online version.
Taking place in a post-apocalyptic inner Solar System, approximately 10 years after the destruction of Earth. The premise of the story supposes a very limited technological advancement, and a population desperately struggling to live long-term in space without a home planet. War breaks out over vital resources such as food, oxygen and fuel.
Game PlayThe player controls a mining ship on an adventure across the inner Solar System.
Miner Wars 2081 is an action-oriented game, set in a fully destructible and open-world environment, which remains persistent as players complete missions or play online with others. Realism and survival will be key aspects of gameplay. Inventory and the way players use resources such as fuel, ammunition, oxygen, ore, and weapons will be important when surrounded by dozens of warring factions.
Miner Wars 2081 features both competitive and co-operative multiplayer. Players are able to complete the entire story campaign with multiple online allies. Miner Wars MMO will be released about 6 months after MW 2081 and will be classical massive multiplayer online game for one-time buy price (no subscription fees).
- Colossal-Scale Destruction – Everything in Miner Wars 2081’s environment will be destructible and persistent—everything. Deform the terrain, chip away at cover, and make things difficult for campers. Thanks to Miner Wars’ VRAGE™ engine, the environment can be used to absolute tactical advantage. Build bases inside gigantic asteroids, burrow shortcuts and kilometres-long tunnels through solid rock and make a silent pounce with the harvester drill.
- 6DoF / FPS in Space – The combination of 6DoF and first person makes Miner Wars 2081 an exciting and fast-paced battleground. FPS veterans will feel at home with our 'WASD' mouse-and-key setup; and for space simulation fans, your beloved joysticks will ensure intuitive play and added advantage.
- Skill-Based Game - Miner Wars 2081 is not about ‘grinding’ your way to level X. Miner Wars 2081 is not about repeating mundane tasks or quests, leveling or experience points. Player skill and mental agility, creative and tactical cunning—in multiplayer an understanding of psychology and choosing which battles to fight or retreat from is a key aspect of gameplay.
- Wide Variety of Ships – Choose the best ship for the job. Each ship has its advantages and disadvantages; you will have to experiment to ensure the best craft for the particular mission. Upgrades and add-ons to your ship will also play a large role in outfitting the best possible vessel, be it a mining operation, a full-scale battle, exploration, stealth, or tunnelling.
- Complex Dungeons in Space – Seamless transition between outdoor and indoor environments. Enter large asteroid bases and space stations full of enemies Players will also be able to battle each other in these indoor areas and engage in some truly intense multiplayer battles.
- Ship Upgrades - Every ship can be upgraded with a wide variety of equipment, weapons and augmentations. Armour plating, storage space, engine boosts (in both speed and economy), radar systems, maneuvering-thrusters, mining tools, and myriad others on offer.
- Mining and Exploration – Players are encouraged to explore and harvest. There are many elements, compounds and materials to be mined from asteroids and sold for ‘Credits’, or used in various ways. Some of these are extremely rare and valuable. Exploration is also a key element of the game, finding items and credits which can be spent on weapons, upgrades, tools, etc.
- Epic-Scale Battles – The VRAGE™ engine allows up to 300 ships to be displayed in a sector at once. The variety of weapons, 300 ships and the size of the sectors allow for some colossal battles.
- Looting – Any destructible ship in the game can be looted by another player. Looting is a vital part of the Miner Wars experience. When a player decides how they will pursue another, by disabling the engines rather than simply obliterating them with missiles will result in a higher proportion of the items and equipment items in their inventory. It’s important to always be careful of what you carry in your inventory, lest you have it stolen or lost.
- Factions - In the Miner Wars Universe there will be dozens of factions. Each faction will have different approaches and motivations throughout the story-world—from miners to fanatics, privateers to nations. In Miner Wars 2081 the player is a part of the EAC – Euro-American Confederation. But there are other factions too: Fourth Reich, OmniCorp, People’s Republic of China, Arab Islamic Empire and more. In the up-and-coming Miner Wars MMO, players will be able to choose to join a faction, or form a corporation, complete with shares and leaders.
- Combination of Single and Multiplayer Elements – If a mission is too difficult, you can simply hire a friend to help you on your mission or quest!
Seekerpilgrim and 39 others own Miner Wars 2081
Described as an "action-survival space-shooter simulation", Miner Wars 2081 has finally entered the beta stage,... posted Oct 01, 12 7:09am