BackgroundMedieval Total War 2: Kingdoms takes the player on 4 brand new campaigns. Players can take part in the battle for the New World in the Americas campaign; fight for control of Britain in the Britannia campaign; take part in the bloody Pagan Crusades in the Teutonic campaign; and even contest for domination of the Holy Land in the Crusades campaign. The idea of Kingdoms is to further enrich the stories and events of the medieval period for each and every gamer while also allowing gamers to follow their own journeys of conquest and domination.
GameplayGamers can rejoice as this new version of Medieval Total War II does nothing to diminish the grandeur of the original. Players take part in large scale campaigns spanning continents and many generations. From small skirmishes to large seiges all battles are engrossing and action packed. Whether the player chooses to control the worlds wealth through trade and diplomacy or whether they conquer their enemies with the point of a sword, all strategies are catered for and there are many paths to follow in the world of Medieval Total War II: Kingdoms.
- Four new campaigns
- 23 playable factions: 13 new playable factions and 10 existing playable factions
- Over 150 new units
- Command reinforcements in battles (though not directly)
- Hero characters with special abilities
- Build permanent forts and add moats to them
- Castles and Cities can be renamed in game (but not regions)
- New siege weapons including boiling oil
- New technology trees influenced by Religion and Prestige
- New mission types
- 6 New Multiplayer scenarios and 20 new Custom Battle maps
- Compatibility with the new Hotseat multiplayer mode (Up to 2 human players - no human to human battle capability).
- 9 new types of agents (though renamed versions of agents from the original game)
Hardware RequirementsMinimum System Requirements
<li type="square">Microsoft Windows 2000/XP
<li type="square">Celeron 1.8GHz Pentium 4 (1500MHz) or equivalent AMD processor.
<li type="square">512MB RAM
<li type="square">8x Speed DVD-ROM drive (1200KB/sec sustained transfer rate) and latest drivers
<li type="square">12.0 Gigs of uncompressed free hard disk space
<li type="square">100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card and latest drivers
<li type="square">100% Windows 2000/XP compatible mouse, keyboard and latest drivers
<li type="square">DirectX 9.0c
<li type="square">128MB Hardware Accelerated video card with Shader 1 support and the latest drivers. Must be 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible.
<li type="square">Monitor must be able to display 1024x768 resolution or above.
<li type="square">Multiplayer: Internet (TCP / IP) play supported, internet play requires broadband connection and latest drivers, LAN play requires network card.
Hermn8ta and 80 others own Medieval II: Total War Kingdoms
Inoksvere and 2 others played Medieval II: Total War Kingdoms
- Genre: WarGames (PC)
- Theme(s): Military, Historical, Medieval
- Perspective(s): Top Down
- Developer: Sega
- Publisher: Sega
Released North America Aug 28, 2007 Europe Sep 28, 2007
- Total War: Rome II
- Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai
- Total War: Shogun 2
- Napoleon: Total War
- Napoleon: Total War - The Peninsular Campaign
- Empire: Total War
- Medieval II: Total War Kingdoms
- Medieval II: Total War
- Rome: Total War - Alexander
- Rome: Total War Barbarian Invasion
- Rome: Total War
- Medieval: Total War - Viking Invasion
- Medieval: Total War
- Shogun: Total War - Warlord Edition
- Shogun: Total War
- Empire: Total War - The Warpath Campaign