BackgroundMass Effect is set 200 years into the future in an epic universe. Gamers are in a vast galactic community, in danger of being conquered by a legendary agent gone rogue. Mass Effect challenges players to lead a squad of freedom fighters as they struggle against threatening armies to restore peace in the land.
- Player controls the ultimate fate of the galaxy: The player's decisions and actions will serve to shape the destiny of all life in the galaxy, while raising humanity to the pinnacle of galactic civilization via noble means or via tyranny.
- Real-time squad based combat: "Mass Effect" employs a real-time, squad based, tactical combat system. Players will be immersed in intense, challenging and exciting combat.
- Explore uncharted worlds: In addition to the main story arc of the game, players will be able to visit a large number of uncharted, unexplored planets which are not directly tied to the main story. At any time during the campaign, a player can choose to explore one of these planets in an all-terrain rover in order to discover new alien life, resources, ruined civilizations and powerful technologies.
- Digital actors: "Mass Effect" features a huge cast of in-engine digital actors that you will encounter as NPCs, enemies or as party members. Each will have life-like facial and body movements, and an advanced dialogue system will give them engaging personalities.
- Character customization: Players will be able to choose from a variety of stunning, photo-realistic character appearances at the start of the game, and throughout the game can increase various statistics which will have an impact on their performance during gameplay. Equipment, weapons and armor that are acquired during the course of the story will change the appearance of the characters.
- Next-generation gaming defined: Mass Effect provides gamers with exciting new experiences, including photo-realistic, high definition graphics on an epic scale. As the future of gaming goes online, Mass Effect includes premium downloadable content and recognition of achievement online.
Official URLOfficial Site
Tomorrow is November 7th and BioWare is commemorating the anniversary of their acclaimed sci-fi... posted Nov 04, 14 12:54pm
Today, BioWare has begun selling and shipping a new Mass Effect statue, this one being a... posted Nov 13, 13 6:04pm
All three Mass Effect games are going to be bundled together for retail in the Mass Effect Trilogy, with an... posted Sep 26, 12 2:09pm
At some point in recent history, someone somewhere decided that major game franchises also need anime... posted Apr 07, 11 12:14pm
[image1 width=182 height=300 float=right] So the Mass Effect 2 'Arrival' DLC could stand to be a little... posted Apr 06, 11 2:08pm
- Genre: Sci Fi RPG (PC)
- Theme(s): Sci-Fi (Futuristic)
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: BioWare
- Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Released North America May 28, 2008 Europe Jun 6, 2008
|Illusive Man||Nihlus Kryik|
|Kasumi Goto||Matriarch Benezia|
|Richard L. Jenkins||Sha'ira|
|Zaeed Massani||Commander Shepard|
|Urdnot Wrex||Mordin Solus|