BackgroundFor 16 years, Madden NFL Football has been the definitive gridiron video game experience. With enhancements to the passing game, defensive improvements, and expanded online options, Madden NFL 06 takes you onto the field and into the locker room like never before.
GameplayFor the first time in 10 years, the Madden NFL Football franchise has revolutionized its passing game-giving Madden NFL 06 the most groundbreaking and innovative offensive arsenal ever created. The new QB Vision Control lets you scan the field, look off defenders, and make perfect throws within your quarterback's unique field of vision. QB Precision Placement lets you put the ball exactly where you want it. Madden NFL 06 brings authentic NFL passing to video games like never before.
- Quarterback Vision Control: Look off receivers and make heads turn with the revolutionary QB Vision Control mechanic. Each QB has a different field of vision, depending on his rating. It's now tougher to hit receivers outside the QB Vision Control.
- Precision Placement: Choose exactly where to throw the ball-lead the receiver across the middle or take a little off a deep pass to set up a jump-ball.
- Additional Passing Features: Formation Specific Audibles-different audibles for different situations; Smart Routes- receivers adjust their routes to pick up first downs or cross the goal line; Head Tracking-players now turn their heads when looking for the ball-no more blind catches.
- Experience the Life of an NFL Player with NFL Superstar Mode
- NFL Superstar Mode: This entirely new single-player mode allows you to experience the life of an NFL player by earning one of more than 60 Personas ranging from MVP to Movie Star. Features include:
- World Map: Navigate real NFL city maps as you visit destinations like the barber shop and tattoo parlor.
- Personas: Define how you live your life on and off the field.
- Agents: Hire your agent and watch him get movie roles and endorsements for your NFL Superstar.
- Create a Star: Choose your parents, fill out an NFL combine registration form, and take the IQ test.
- Import Players: Bring your NCAA®Football Legend or NFL STREET 2 player into NFL Superstar Mode to give him a head start.
- Deep Storyline: More options include your house, My Web, endorsements, persona-specific attributes, mini-games and events, and the web.
- More Robust Online Features: Share files via your EA Locker and instantly find a solid match-up with improved matchmaking. Check your EA SPORTS Fantasy Football stats in game.
- Broadcast Presentation: Improved graphics, tons of scripted scenes, and new replays and sequences.
- Truck Stick Control: Deliver big hits on offense to break tackles, pancake defenders, and clear your path to the end zone
- Real NFL Gameplay: All-new features include smart routes, defensive keys, and blocking assignments.
- Updated sound and commentary: More natural sounding commentary system, radio show improvements with new calls, and enhanced commentary from John Madden as he breaks down the game and analyzes replays.
- Franchise Enhancements: The deepest season mode to date features:
- Total Control Simulation-Quickly simulate results on a play-by-play basis.
- Establish a Gameplan- Practice plays to counter your opponent's strengths and exploit their weaknesses, while earning in-game attribute bonuses for your efforts during practice.
- Spawn Games: Play Franchise games online. This plus the EA Locker users to compete in Franchises concurrently.
- Improved Radio Show: Features new callers and segments from the Tony Bruno Show.
Official URLOfficial Site
Phalanx played Madden NFL 06
Phalanx and 1 others own Madden NFL 06
- Genre: American Football (PC)
- Perspective(s): Isometric
- Developer: Electronic Arts
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
Released North America Aug 9, 2005 Europe Sep 23, 2005