BackgroundAugustus, Julius Caesar, Mark Antony, Hannibal. Now's your chance to join the ranks of these great strategists and conquer Europe during the time of the Roman Empire. Legion is a high-level strategy game, which unfolds during the rich history that was the Roman Empire. At the strategic level, you control vast armies and attempt to carve an Empire. At the tactical level, you must position your armies to take advantage of terrain and make use of the best formations, in order to achieve victory.
- Epic gameplay - huge game areas with accurately mapped real world locations. All maps are based on real atlases of the ancient world.
- Huge realistic battles - based on historical data, the combat model gives the most realistic look and feel as hundreds of men are displayed in epic battles.
- 20+ sides - each game can have up to 20 AI opponents, each with their own strengths and weaknesses, based on the nations of the time period.
- 3D battlefields - the battlefield is made up of 3D rendered terrain. Height is modelled and affects combat.
- Detailed economy - control your cities, allocate workers to collect resources, control city growth and increase production by constructing new buildings, build fortresses for protection and train new regiments.
- Historical Accuracy - all maps, scenarios, and soldier's uniforms and weapons are accurately modelled to capture the flavour of the ancient world and its warfare.
- Diplomacy - with so many nations, careful use of diplomacy will be required if you're going to succeed.
- Replay ability - play each map a number of times in a completely different setting. Fight over Italy to unify the tribes into the powerful nation of Rome and then later fight over the same map as the Romans when they are invaded by the fearsome Gauls.
Hardware RequirementsWindows 95/98/ME/2000/XP
Pentium 233 MHz MMX
64 MB RAM
250 MB free hard drive space
2 MB DirectX compatible video card
DirectX compatible sound card
DirectX 8.0 or highe
Official URLOfficial Site
Strategy First and Paradox Entertainment announce today that Legion, their turn-based strategy game, has gone gold... posted May 16, 02 9:31pm