BackgroundFrom Valve (the creators of Counter-Strike, Half-Life and more) comes Left 4 Dead, a new kind of action game for the PC and Xbox 360 that features single player, co-op and multiplayer game modes.
Set in the immediate aftermath of the zombie apocalypse, L4D offers four expansive "movie campaigns" that challenge you and your fellow survivors to battle thousands of swarming zombies as you travel across the rooftops of an abandoned metropolis, through rural ghost towns and pitch-black forests. In addition to the movie campaigns, Left 4 Dead features a Versus mode that allows you to play as the Boss Zombies.
GameplayThe Survivor Co-op Game Mode is played out across four sprawling campaigns, set in urban and rural environments. The team of four Survivors may be comprised of one to four human players, allowing for single player and multiplayer co-op games.
The next-generation A.I. technology of all non-player Survivor and zombie characters is a pool of systems used to procedurally generate a unique experience by monitoring the players' experiences and tailoring the pacing and difficulty of action for each game. This makes for a different experience each time the game is played.
In the Left 4 Dead Vs. Mode, play as a Survivor or as one of four types of "Boss Infected." Each of the "Boss Infected" possesses an exceptional mutant ability -- such as a 50-foot tongue lasso or a giant belly full of explosive methane gas -- instead of traditional firearms.
- Co-op redefined: This new action title from Valve, creators of the Counter-Strike and Half-Life games, promises to redefine the co-operative genre as those titles did for multiplayer and single player action games.
- A.I. technology: The advanced artificial intelligence drives both friendly and unfriendly creatures to dynamically create intense single-player, co-op, and multiplayer experiences every time the game is played.
- Expansive environments: Battle across twenty different maps with ten distinct weapons across four sprawling campaigns.
- Online matchmaking: The matchmaking, stats, rankings, and awards system drive collaborative play.
- Designer's Commentary mode: Activate this mode for a unique "behind the scenes" look at the development of the game.
- OS: Windows Vista, XP or 2000
- CPU: 3.0 GHz P4, Dual Core 2.0 or AMD64X2 (or higher)
- RAM: 1 GB for XP / 2GB for Vista
- DISC DRIVE: DVD-ROM Drive
- HARD DRIVE: At least 7.5 GB of free space
- VIDEO: Direct X 9 compatible video card (Video card must be 256 MB or more and should be a DirectX 9-compatible with support for pixel shader 2.0)
- SOUND: Direct X9.0c compatible sound card
Official URLOfficial Site
It seems that Valve can count to three after all, with one of the firm's lead writers Chet Faliszek revealing... posted Oct 01, 12 6:08am
Valve has revealed that their Left 4 Dead franchise has sold over 12 million copies. One of the firm's lead... posted Oct 01, 12 4:20am
If you love robbing stores and shooting zombies or zombie-like creatures (in video games or real life), then the... posted Jul 26, 12 7:19am
Aside from making and supporting quality games like Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead, Valve is notorious for their... posted Jan 04, 11 11:03pm
Left 4 Dead's "The Sacrifice" DLC is now live for PC users so start up Steam and get downloading (360 owners need... posted Oct 06, 10 12:23am
Left 4 Dead 2's "The Passing" DLC showed the final fate of Bill and now it's time to see how it happens. "The... posted Aug 22, 10 10:44pm
It's been awhile since we had one of these but that's because Valve is teasing something again. Left 4 Dead 2's... posted Aug 13, 10 6:49pm
The Tank: muscle-bound brute of Left 4 Dead and guaranteed ruiner of any unplanned run on Expert. If you've got a... posted Aug 02, 10 8:14pm
- Genre: Shooter Action (PC)
- Theme(s): Horror
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: Valve
- Publisher: Valve
Released North America Nov 20, 2008 Europe Nov 21, 2008
- Player Info:
- Online Multi-player (8)