BackgroundSet in Los Angeles, L.A. Rush is a game based on street racing. You have the freedom to explore many parts of L.A. with over 50 licensed cars, and engage in cop chases, non-racing missions, and racing missions. With day and night settings, you get a good feel of the environment of Los Angeles, and areas such as Beverly Hills, Compton, LAX, and Santa Monica.
- Rush is Variety: Race, modify, steal and pimp over 50 rides – exclusive tricked-out street racers designed by West Coast Customs and Rides Magazine plus licensed muscle, tuner and exotic vehicles from manufacturers such as Mitsubishi, Cadillac and Chevrolet.
- Open World Racing: Race across a fully-open and recreated Los Angeles through Hollywood, Santa Monica, South Bay, South Central and Downtown while surviving death-defying jumps and finding treacherous shortcuts.
- Pimp It and Add Some Juice: Spend your hard earned cash at West Coast Customs to visually upgrade your rides and tune your performance at this world famous chop shop.
- First Racing Game "Story Mode": Re-acquire 30 cars taken from your personal possession and gain back your respect and street credit through the following missions:
- Reacquire Missions: Race to earn respect, street credits, and clues to the whereabouts of your cars
- Retribution Missions: Steal your enemies' prized rides and then chop them for revenge and extra cash.
- Retribution Damage Missions: Trash an enemy's property.
- Intense "Head-to-Head" Racing: Pit yourself against a buddy in split-screen racing on routes opened previously in Story Mode.
- Exclusive, Customizable Soundtracks: Decibel pumping, exclusive hip hop and rock music soundtrack including never-before-released music tracks from Twista and Lil' Kim's "The Jump Off," plus much more from hip hop's finest.
- Upgrades Galore: Tune the performance of your car through an array of aftermarket parts from manufacturers such as Mopar, Advanced Engine Management, ProCharger, BF Goodrich, Yokohama, Pirelli Brembo, Directed Electronics, House of Color and more.