BackgroundKirikou was born in an African village in the grips of Karaban, the evil witch. She is said to have captured and devoured all the men in the village, to have dried up the spring, and she terrorizes the women and the children of the village with the help of her army of fetishes.
Kirikou, an ingenuous boy, seeks the reason behind Karaba's evil. In his quest he meets strange enemies and has to find ways of fending off their attacks. However, humor is ever present, even in the fights, and Kirikou succeeds by avoiding confrontation. He turns his enemies' violence against them whilst trying to understand its source.
- The scenario of the game "Kirikou" is based on a quest which is very different from conventional quests of the 'save my friends, eliminate my enemies' sort. On the contrary, the idea is to "deliver my enemy": the witch trapped by her own evil.
- This story is based on a Manichean vision of the world but it conveys very positive universal values.
- The adventure takes place in a realistic and magical world seldom used in video games - Africa at the beginning of the century.
- The scenery and the characters in the game are beautifully designed and full of details.
- Kirikou for Win98 Needed May 21