BackgroundBased on the comic strip, Judge Dredd: Dredd vs. Death is a first-person shooter seen through the eyes of Judge Dredd as he patrols the mean streets of the future metropolis, Mega-City One. Dredd will find himself having to deal with the full spectrum of criminal behaviour, saving the city from the utterly evil Judge Death. The game will also have multiplayer modes, enabling splitscreen or online play using Rebellion's Asura engine.
GameplayWelcome to Mega-City One, a city of over 400 million people - every one of them a potential criminal. It is the third decade of the 22nd Century, unemployment is widespread, boredom is universal and only the Judges can prevent total anarchy. Empowered to dispense instant justice, they are Judge, Jury and Executioner all in one.
- The player takes the role of Judge Dredd as he patrols the overcrowded streets of the city, arresting lawbreakers and dealing with the breakdown of law and order, as vampires, the undead and worse are let loose onto an unsuspecting population. Could this be the work of the Dark Judges?
- The entire game storyline is playable cooperatively with a friend, and there are a wide variety of 4-way split-screen multiplayer games on all consoles. These include a number of frenetic new game-types that could only exist in the world of Judge Dredd, such as 'Block War' and 'Umpty Raid'.
- A wide range of multiplayer options offer players the chance to customise their games within ten diverse and challenging multiplayer maps. PC gamers will receive the same flexible multiplayer options and environments, plus LAN and internet play for up to 32 players!
- Judge Dredd was recently voted 'Best Character' at the British National Comics Awards, beating off competition from Spiderman, Batman and Dennis the Menace, and has received many other awards over his 26-year history.
Official URLOfficial Site
Fancidanci and 2 others own Judge Dredd: Dredd vs. Death
blackgbb played Judge Dredd: Dredd vs. Death
- Genre: Adventure (PC)
- Theme(s): Sci-Fi (Futuristic), Police/S.W.A.T.
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: Rebellion
- Publisher: Evolved Games
Released North America Mar 3, 2005 Europe Oct 17, 2003