BackgroundSet twenty-five years in the future, "HELLGATE: LONDON" introduces a world devastated by a demon invasion and a desolate city scorched by hellfire where mankind has gone underground to survive. Among them are the Templar, an archaic and secret society that foresaw this demonic apocalypse centuries ago. Followers of arcane rites, the Templar combine futuristic technology with ancient artifacts to forge powerful weapons and armor. The mystic sanctuary of the Underground system provides players safe conduct throughout the sprawling metropolis of London as they seek to preserve the bloodline of man and gain a foothold against the minions of darkness.
Gameplay"HELLGATE: LONDON" combines the depth of role-playing games and action of first-person titles, while offering infinite playability with randomly created levels, items, and events. The player creates a heroic character, completes quests, and battles through innumerable hordes of demons to advance through experience levels and branching skill paths. A robust, flexible skill and spell system, highly customizable appearances, and a massive variety of randomly generated equipment allow players to create their own unique hero.
- A New Perspective on RPGs - Combining the depth and customizability of Role-Playing Games with the immersive experience
- of a first-person perspective, gameplay is fast-paced without requiring lightning-fast FPS
- reflexes, making it accessible to a broad audience of RPG fans.
- Unique and Appealing World - Experience the ominous setting of post-apocalyptic London. From ancient ruins buried beneath
- city streets to shattered cathedrals to the last remnants of humanity bunkered in the Underground, the boundary between fact and myth are blurred as a few glorious heroes fight for
- their very souls.
- Customizable Character Classes - Fight against the demons of the underworld as one of several unique character classes. Like the Templar, each class has a unique visual and game play style based on their particular history and heritage. Randomly generated and modifiable items ensure that heroes are distinct and individualized.
- Hell on Earth - Battle against a wide variety of demonic enemies, each with their own unique attributes, abilities, and vulnerabilities.
- Infinite Replayability - With dynamically- generated levels, massive quantities of randomly- created items, chance events and story- driven quests, no two gaming experiences are ever the same.
- Single-Player and Online Multiplayer Support - While Hellgate: London stands on its own as a single-player game, it also provides a compelling cooperative multiplayer experience through a dedicated online gaming destination. By creating unique and individualized game play "instances" within a vast online community, gamers get all the best parts of traditional massive multiplayer games without the common downsides.
Official URLOfficial Site
Alarios and 16 others own Hellgate: London
mahalapejic and 1 others played Hellgate: London
Hellgate: London hasn't exactly been tearing up the charts in North America since launch, and that's before we talk... posted Jun 12, 08 5:35pm
Mar 12, 08 6:53pm
I'm not sure what to classify Hellgate as. It has RPG styles and FPS...