BackgroundBent on Humankind's extermination, a powerful fellowship of alien races known as the Covenant is wiping out the Earth's fledgling interstellar empire. You and the other surviving defenders of a devastated colony-world make a desperate attempt to lure the alien fleet away from Earth. Shot down and marooned on the ancient ring-world Halo, you begin a guerilla-war against the Covenant. Fight for humanity against an alien onslaught as you race to uncover the mysteries of Halo.
More information visit Neoseeker Halo Portal
GameplayHalo is a first-person shooter game where you take control of Master Cheif, a super soldier designed for combat. Travel through 10 different levels as you try to find a way into defeating the Covenant. Halo gives you a choice of using a lot of weapons including a rifle, pistol, rocket launcher, and even using the Covenant weapons. You may only carry up to 2 weapons that are different and up to eight grenades (four being fragment and four being plasma grenades). Rather than going through the entire levels on foot, you can also use vehicles to get around faster. Some of the Marine vehicles that are included are a warthog and a tank. Covenant vehicles include the Ghost and Banshee.
- Rich sci-fi experience. Halo transports you into a science fiction universe fresh out of a Hollywood movie, with a detailed, twisting storyline, complex characters and cunning enemies.
- Vehicle- and foot-based action. Tackle missions any way you choose, be it storming an enemy base or taking the wheel or gunnery position in a variety of powerful vehicles. Vehicles range from stolen Covenant flyers to human tanks and more.
- Intense online multiplayer shootouts. Take the battle online with gamers from all over the world in a variety of individual and team based games such as Capture the Flag, Death Match, Oddball, King of the Hill, Race, and more. Includes brand new multiplayer maps in addition to all the classic originals.
- Huge weapon variety. Crush enemies with a vast array of human or Covenant weaponry, ranging from the stealthy semiautomatic pistols and Needler to the fierce Rocket Launcher and Fuel Rod Gun.
- Incredible mission variety. Fight the Covenant in a variety of missions as you uncover the dark secrets of Halo: attack outposts, raid underground labs for advanced technology, rescue fallen comrades, steal alien vehicles and weaponry, and snipe at enemy forces.
- Indoor and outdoor combat. Fights are seamless in Halo's ultrarealistic indoor and outdoor environments. Hunt the Covenant continuously in a variety of single-player and multiplayer battles continuously.
- Optimized for the PC. With the precision of mouse and keyboard support, play Halo like never before. Exploit high-end graphic cards with Halo in 1600x1200 resolution.
- 5.1 compatible. Enemy troops yell out the front speakers, while friendly troops yell assistance from the side. Hear bullets fired from behind you and watch them strike targets ahead in total surround sound.
Hardware RequirementsSystem: 733MHz or equivalent
RAM:128 MB RAM
CD-ROM: 8X CD-ROM
Video Memory: 32 MB VRAM
Hard Drive Space: 1300 MB
Sound Board: Yes
DirectX: DirectX v9.0
Connectivity: Online, System Link/Lan
Sound: Dolby Digital 5.1
Special Controllers: Keyboard, Mouse
DirectX Version: v9.0
Operating System: Windows 98/2000/ME/XP
Recommened System Requirements:
3D Sound Card: Yes
Official URLOfficial Site
Bungie has a significant following that has boomed over 20 years, and with the studio leaving Halo behind in... posted Aug 04, 11 2:49pm
The game has a story that grabs the reader or the viewer more into it, and gives him lots of questions and answers as well, it is very interesting and complicated. The range at which the story takes place is huge and epic, starting with the ancient Forerunners wars with the Floods and through Human Civil conflicts to Covenant war and Flood domination into peace. This huge plot with tiny little stories, tons of it in each phase, the saga of the elites and the Arbiter. The origins of john-117, and the saga of the Halos. It is just incredible how the fictional universe of Halo was created and developed, it is just so true we can feel it as an alternative dimension. The amount of characters and each's origin and role in the universe, the large amount of technologies and information about everything makes it a huge series.
The Master Chief, John-117, probably the main reason of Halo's popularity. The character of the chief is so plain and simple, with no expression at all since his face is covered the whole time, but though the chief's character is far more complex and complicated by the fans. The fact that his face was never shown, and the assumption of his face being the helmet's glass sometimes, it is the mystery behind that green helmet. Master chief is one of the most popular character within a game's fan, you can tell he is higher in popularity and hype than Chuck Norris in the internet culture. Yes, indeed, it is the internet which also helped to rise this game's popularity.
When the release date for Halo 3 was announced, tons of advertisement were thrown all over the world. You can tell that each person on earth knew about Halo or the Master Chief, he was everywhere. On the streets, on subways, over the internet, TV and even soft drinks. It has stick itself to the culture, this Halo series. And with the end of the series, Reach being the last, the life of this series is still unkown. But predictions were made, and it was guaranteed that the Halo era would last for another 30 years.
xbox 360 pc
Remember when Halo used to be multiplatform? Then after Halo 2, Microsoft decided next-gen was synonymous... posted Jul 28, 10 6:25pm
- Genre: Shooter Action (PC)
- Theme(s): Sci-Fi (Futuristic)
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: GearBox Software
- Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Released North America Sep 30, 2003 Australia Oct 16, 2003
- Player Info:
- Online Multi-player (4)
- Also known as:
- Halo: Combat Evolved in North America / Japan / Europe / Australia
- Halo 3 (2007)
- Halo 3: ODST (2009)
- Halo 4 (2012)
- Halo Reach (2010)
- Halo Wars (2009)
- Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (2011)
- Halo (2003)
|Dr. Catherine Halsey||Jacob Keyes|
|Master Chief||Terrence Hood|
|Forerunner-Flood War||Human Warriors|
|Carrier Forms||Infection Forms|