BackgroundDeep under the ground of a remote US desert scientists are experimenting on creatures of unknown origin. You are Gordon Freeman, one of those scientists, and during a routine day at work something goes very wrong. A time rift develops, allowing aliens to slip into your reality. When you regain consciousness the facility is in ruins, aliens are everywhere and to make things worse, the government is sending the Marines in to clean up whats left - including any survivors.
GameplayThe game is a FPS, so, you have to shoot every enemy that you're meeting. But you have also to duck or to take cover. Players will lead Gordon through Black Mesa and also drive a little train. Gordon will also have the opportunity to ask to guards or scientists to follow him or to stay where they are, it can be vital for advancing in the game.
- Brand new cooperative game, Half-Life: Decay.
- Battle your friends in split-screen deathmatch.
- All new skirmish mode – allows players to simulate deathmatch.
- Improved characters and environments – the most visually captivating graphics to date!
- Incredible new special effects created to leverage the power of the PS2.
- Terrifyingly intelligent Enemy AI that can assess threats, run in packs, and shows a distaste for suicide runs.
- New Skeletal Animation System gives monsters the most fluid and complex motion ever seen in an action game.
- Explore never-before-seen areas of Black Mesa.
USB Mouse and Keyboard support.
Hardware RequirementsSystem: Pentium-133 or equivalent
RAM:24 MB RAM
CD-ROM: 2X CD-ROM
Video Memory: 2 MB VRAM
Hard Drive Space: 400 MB
Sound Board: Yes
DirectX: DirectX v6.0
Recommended System Requirements:
System: Pentium-166 or equivalent
RAM: 32 MB RAM
3D Sound Card: Yes
Official URLOfficial Site
Duct crawling and getting stuck behind pebbles simulator 98... oh and it's a first person shooter too
Fast action, maze-like areas full of aliens, predators and Nazis, and a whole host of...
Game history buffs may remember Gearbox Software's Dreamcast port of Valve's classic Half-Life, which never saw... posted Jan 18, 12 10:27am
The NPD Group isn't the only research firm with their eyes on PC game sales, as Forecasting & Analyzing Digital... posted Nov 24, 10 7:40pm
If there ever was a Half-Life movie, Valve won't take any chances by letting Hollywood producers and writers get... posted Aug 26, 10 11:46pm
- Genre: Shooter Action (PC)
- Theme(s): Sci-Fi (Futuristic)
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: Valve
- Publisher: Sierra
Released North America Nov 19, 1998
- Player Info:
- Online Multi-player (32)
- Black Mesa
- Portal 2
- Team Fortress 2
- Half-Life 2: Episode One
- Half-Life 2
- Half-Life: Blue Shift
- Half-Life: Opposing Force