BackgroundWhen the land cries out for its heroes, will you answer? In the face of Tyria's greatest challenges, heroes have returned to bring to an end the forces of darkness. Abaddon has fallen, Shiro has been unmasked, and the Titans were driven back to the demon realms. Now great earthquakes decimate the lands, opening huge chasms beneath the earth. Boiling up from that darkness, a threat spreads that may spell the end of the Age of Man...
GameplayAs the story of this expansion unfolds, players will delve into eighteen vast dungeons to face untold enemies, search for clues about the menace facing the world, and uncover new weapons they can use in the final confrontation. These immersive, multi-level dungeons will take characters deep beneath the earth and expose them to challenges the likes of which have never been seen in any Guild Wars game to date.
Heroes are born in the crucible of conflict and tempered in the flames of battle. Their deeds shine throughout history as a beacon of hope to those who must rise to defend the world in ages to come, becoming part of the legend of the land. The legends forged within Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall, and the Eye of the North will not be forgotten in the future world of Guild Wars 2.
Your deeds from the original Guild Wars campaigns will be commemorated in the Eye of the North expansion in your Hall of Monuments. The Hall of Monuments will reflect the achievements you earn in Eye of the North as well as those earned in Prophecies, Factions, and Nightfall. You will even be able to show off your hall to friends. Then, when Guild Wars 2 arrives, each of these monuments will correspond to special features your Guild Wars 2 characters can "inherit" from your own legendary past, giving you access to exclusive titles, companions (Heroes and pets), weapons, attire, and miniatures. These inherited items are unique: there is no other way within Guild Wars 2 to acquire them.
- Sweeping Storyline: Return to the battle-scarred continent of Tyria. Reunite with old friends, discover new allies, wreak vengeance on old foes, and face-off against a menace so great it threatens the very existence of the people of Tyria.
- Dungeons: Explore a sprawling underground complex of caverns that spans an entire continent. 18 multi-level dungeons filled with traps, puzzles and secret passages.
- Immortalise Your Legend: Your achievements, trophies and titles from Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall and Eye of the North will not be forgotten. Your Hall of Monuments will preserve them until your descendants can claim them in Guild Wars 2.
- 10 New Heroes: Enlist the aid of new races, including the Viking-like Norn, the magical Asura, and even a few surprises.
- 150 New Skills: Play with skills unlike anything seen in Guild Wars before, like the Light of Deldrimor, which can simultaneously detect hidden objects and smite evil foes.
- 40 New Armour Sets: A combination of powerful new sets and rare stand-alone pieces worthy of the great heroes of the land.
Feb 25, 14 3:02pm
Verotten and 49 others own Guild Wars: Eye of the North
Verotten and 10 others played Guild Wars: Eye of the North
- Genre: Massively Multiplayer RPG (PC)
- Theme(s): Fantasy
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: ArenaNet
- Publisher: NC Soft
Released North America Aug 28, 2007 Europe Aug 31, 2007