BackgroundFive years ago Carl Johnson escaped from the pressures of life in Los Santos, San Andreas--a city tearing itself apart with gang trouble, drugs and corruption, where film stars and millionaires do their best to avoid the dealers and gangsters. Now, it's the early 90s. Carl's got to go home. His mother has been murdered, his family has fallen apart and his childhood friends are all heading towards disaster. On his return to the neighbourhood, a couple of corrupt cops frame him for homicide. CJ is forced on a journey that takes him across the entire state of San Andreas, to save his family and to take control of the streets.
GameplayDrive, eat, shoot, recruit—these are some of the things you can do in the world of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. You perform missions given to you by your "homies" to earn respect and cash that will lead you to find out who killed CJ's mother. You eat to keep your health up; keep your strength up and avoid getting fat at the gym; recruit gang members; avoid the police; get hair cuts, threads, and tattoos to look cool; gamble at the casino; etc. You get to decide what you want CJ to look like—pink hair or not. In San Andreas, there are three cities to explore instead of just one so you are free to wander.
- Play through the entire state of San Andreas, Las Venturas(bases off Las Vega), San Fierro(San Francisco) and Las Santos(los Angeles). Including vast forests, countrysides and desert.
- Get tattoos, make modifications to your car, eat, work out and even recruit gang members.
- Ridable bicycles with pedals, the harder you hold X, the faster you go. Including BMX's and Mountain Bikes, police also have Police bikes.
- You can hold 2 weapons at once now, for twice the firepower. Also, double that again when you can have up to 4 people in a drive-by shooting.
- Drive ATV's, Quadbikes, Tractors and even a Monster Truck. Linerunners now have Trailers, including Tankers.
- Carl can now swim, along with lots of other new additions to keep it realistic. You can also smoke, roll and talk to other pedestrians.
- New stats for Muscle and Fat levels, even a handy new Stamina bar added to the HUD.
- All new weapons, including objects used in everyday life are put to good use, Shovels and Fire Extinguishers can be used as weapons.
Hardware Requirements1GHz Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon Processor
256 MB of RAM
8 speed DVD-ROM Drive
3.6 GB of free Hard Disk space for a minimal install
64 MB Video Card with DirectX 9 compatible drivers ("GeForce3" or better)
DirectX 9 compatible Stereo Sound Card
Recommended System Specs:
Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon XP processor (or better)
384(+) MB of RAM
16 speed DVD-ROM drive
4.7 GB of free Hard Disk space for a full install
128(+) MB Video Card with DirectX 9 compatible drivers ("GeForce4" or better)
DirectX 9 compatible Surround Sound Card
Game pad with twin axis analog controls (USB or Joystick Port)
Official URLOfficial Site
In outstandingly awesome fashion, Rockstar Games has made every radio station from Grand Theft Auto III in 2001... posted Apr 11, 13 5:14pm
Earlier this year, Rockstar Games planned a PSN re-release of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. However, following... posted Dec 11, 12 3:19pm
Modders are crazily passionate people, creating or recreating entire universes purely out of love for their... posted Aug 03, 12 7:17am
- Genre: Automobile Combat (PC)
- Theme(s): Lifestyle, Gangsta, Mob/Organized Crime
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Rockstar Games
- Publisher: Rockstar Games
Released North America Jun 7, 2005 Europe Jun 10, 2005 Australia Jun 10, 2005
|Fernando Martinez||Ken Rosenberg|
|Sean Johnson||Lazlow Jones|
|Jeffrey Cross||Melvin Harris|
|Maria Latore||The Truth|
|Madd Dogg||Lance Wilson|
|San Andreas Girlfriends||Frank Tenpenny|
|Wu Zi Mu||Love Fist|
|San Andreas||Ghost Cars|
|Grove Street Families||Ballas|
|Mr. Whoopee||Caligula's Casino|
|Forelli Family Mafia||Binco|
|San Fierro Rifas||Los Santos Vagos|
|Maps and Locations||K-JAH West|