BackgroundGrand Ages: Rome is a city-building game for PC and the sequel to Imperium Romanum. The player takes the role of a Roman patrician, a nobleman, who has just started his political career. His ultimate goal is to become the Governor of Rome.
Throughout the game the player can develop his game character by gaining favor with various historical figures such as Julius Caesar, Pompey and Octavian. The benefits provided by these relations are carried over not only for the rest of the campaign but also in free-build maps and multiplayer scenarios.
- Non-linear single player campaign with 40 missions.
- Enhanced, multilevelled economic system and sea trade
- RTS-like battle system and comprehensive research opportunities
- 18 different warfare abilities for your units (like Praetorians, War Elephants, Triarii, etc.)
- Lively huge historical locations like Cyrene, Lugdunum or Rome
- Character development system leads through timeline of history
- Naval warfare and colonization of islands
- Multiplayer mode with many different types of gameplay (co-operative, etc.)
Hardware RequirementsWindows XP or Vista
2.0 GHz Pentium 4 / Athlon processor or better
DirectX 9 compatible 3D graphics card with 128MB Ram
GeForce 6600 (ATI 9600) or better
1 Gb RAM
8 x DVD-ROM Drive
1.5 Gb free hard disk space
Official URLOfficial Site
AAlex and 26 others own Grand Ages: Rome
SuPeR Rockin ken played Grand Ages: Rome
- Genre: Real-time Strategy (PC)
- Developer: Haemimont Games
- Publisher: Kalypso Media
Released North America Mar 17, 2009 Europe Mar 6, 2009 Australia Mar 19, 2009