BackgroundThe glorious days of the once productive Khorinis mines in this small seaside region are long over. Surrounded by the impenetrable magical barrier, the slaves eked out their miserable existence in this apparently natural prison. One brave man managed to burst the bonds of imprisonment. Following his own call to freedom, he ventured deep into the subterranean temples. Willing to do whatever was necessary, he went out to banish Evil and destroy the magical barrier forever. Spurred by the hatred of men long suppressed, the prisoners streamed through the only pass to freedom.
No one in Khorinis had been prepared for this. Too long had they lived under the deceptive notion of security granted by the apparently indestructible magical dome. The small militia garrison could not put up enough forces against the onrush. After numerous bloody clashes, many captives succeeded to escape and found safety in the woods or rugged mountains of the surrounding countryside. The escalating number of raids in the vicinity of the town wall and the bandits' ever-increasing boldness seemed to paralyze the whole town. Angered by the militia's inability to protect their farms, some of the farmers formed an alliance with the refugees, no longer willing to pay allegiance to the king.
There is war in Khorinis. A civil war. But there is something else that could not be foreseen. Evil is not dead, rearing its ugly head again it is set on delivering the deathblow to humanity, and no one can stop it. No one?
- A hybrid RPG game with a massive, fully 3D, lush environment.
- Explore the Gothic II world from a first-person point-of-view or switch to a third-person view for fast-paced melee combat.
- Gripping non-linear storyline continues from the original game. The adventure unfolds according to the character class you choose — even first-time Gothic gamers will enjoy the story.
- Three different class guilds, each offering its own unique allies, enemies and skills — fearless paladin (militia), unscrupulous dragon hunter (mercenary) or novice (magician).
- Gain experience and skills by fighting and using magic, including close-combat and long–range weapons skills, combo moves, and new magic spells.
- 150+ close-combat weapons, including clubs, swords, daggers, hammers and axes. Long-range weapons include hunting crossbows and longbows.
- Seven circles of magical power to increase your hero’s supernatural abilities.
- 400+ NPCs with improved AI react differently, depending on your character class and any previous encounters you’ve had. Spoken dialog adds life and personality to NPC encounters.
- More than 50+ monsters, including goblins, orc warriors, trolls, shadowbeasts and lurkers. Newcomers to Gothic II include wargs, fire lizards, demons, field raiders, dragonsnappers and magic gollums.
- Impressive lighting effects and day and night cycles — experience thunderstorms, snow, water reflections, and more.
Hardware RequirementsOperating System: Windows 98/2000/ME/XP
Memory: 256 MB RAM
Processor: Pentium III 700 MHz or better
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce2MX/ATI Radeon 8500
Video RAM: 32 MB VRAM
Disk Space: 2.2 GB free space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 Compatible Sound Card
DirectX: 9.0 or later
Drive: CD-ROM drive
Recommended System Requirements:
Memory: 512 MB RAM
Processor: Pentium III 1.2 GHz or better
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 4 Ti/ATI Radeon 9700
Video RAM: 64 MB
Official URLOfficial Site
The dispute between Gothic and Risen series developer Piranha Bytes and its former publisher JoWood has long been... posted May 06, 11 10:20am
Personal favourite digital distribution site Good Old Games (GOG) is currently hosting two lovely holiday... posted Dec 21, 09 6:28pm
What can I say to further glorify this amazing game?
Well for one, the fact that we...
I'm one of those guys with patience and i love to explore huge areas with lots of...
This game is great! I liked how it picked up right where GOTHIC left off, so if you...
On the whole, I enjoy playing this game. It has a real old school feel to it so if...
After the mighty Morrowind i thought this would be a poor RPG in comparsion but its...
- Genre: Fantasy RPG (PC)
- Theme(s): Gothic, Fantasy, Medieval
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Piranha Bytes
- Publisher: JoWood Productions
Released North America Oct 28, 2003