BackgroundReplay gaming history. Create best selling games. Research new technologies. Become the leader of the market and gain worldwide fans.
Game Dev Tycoon is a business simulation game available for Windows, Mac and Linux as well as on the Windows 8 Store. In Game Dev Tycoon you replay the history of the gaming industry by starting your own video game development company in the 80s. Create best selling games. Research new technologies and invent new game types. Become the leader of the market and gain worldwide fans.
Game PlayLess Social. Less Ville. More Game. We love simulation games and that’s why we are proud to bring the very first simulation game to the Windows Store. It isn’t one of these ‘social’ or ‘ville’ type games either but a solid single player tycoon game which have become way too rare in our opinion. In Game Dev Tycoon there are no virtual coins that you need to buy. You don’t need to invite or bother your friends to be able to progress and developing a game or gaining experience doesn’t have you waiting for hours or days, it happens right in front of you. In order to give you this experience the game is not free but has a small up-front price. By purchasing the game you can enjoy a pure experience without constant reminders to purchase something and without distracting ads. You also support a small start-up and help to make sure that we can bring you more games in the future.
- Start out in the 80s: Start your adventure in a small garage office in the 80s. Enjoy the hand-crafted level design while you develop your first simple games. Gain experience, unlock new options and create your first game engine.
- Create games your way: n Game Dev Tycoon the decisions you make during development really matter. Decide which areas you want to focus on. Does your game need more gameplay or should you focus more on quests? These decisions will have a major impact on the success of your game.
- Expand your company: Once you have successfully released a few games you can move into your own office and forge a world-class development team. Hire staff, train them and unlock new options.
- Make larger, more complex games: With experience and a good team, you can release larger, more complex games. Larger games bring new challenges and you will have to manage your team well to deliver hit games.
- Unlock labs and conduct industry-changing projects: Move beyond just releasing games and conduct industry-changing projects by unlocking labs later in the game. There are a number of secret projects that can be completed.
Conefev and 155 others own Game Dev Tycoon
JonesFRB and 2 others played Game Dev Tycoon