BackgroundThe sequel to Bugbear Entertainment's breakthrough racing game, FlatOut 2 is an over-the-top racing game where players experience the drive of their lives as they race around fully destructible environments in one of 16 fully customizable and upgradeable cars.
GameplayWreck hard in this action racer to earn the ultimate honour of being the dirtiest in the gravel, the deadliest on the race track and the meanest around the streets.
With over 5,000 fully destructible objects on every track as well as 40 deformable parts on each vehicle, physical interaction in a racing game is taken to unprecedented heights with the destructive element influencing players racing tactics like no other driving game on the market. With a greater emphasis placed on causing destruction on the track by offering greater rewards, game play will be even more frantic than ever.
- The inclusion of an enhanced Championship Mode. Multiple cups across increasing difficultly levels, each cup contains a series of races that the player competes in for accumulated totals of money and points.
- Online multiplayer modes for all formats, the PS2 and PC versions for the very first time! Up to 6 player on PS2 and 8 player on Xbox and PC
- Offline Multiplayer modes on all formats via split screen for up to 4 players
- Improved physics engine for an even greater racing feel
- Drive at eye watering speeds on the fast tracks with extra nitro boost rewards
- Improved opponent AI. Each AI driver now has their own character, biography and individual driving personalities
- Unlockable bonus items for the first time including bonus cars, Championship Cups and Destruction Arenas.
- Set in the US (the original was set in Europe)
- 34 vehicles as opposed to the original games' 16
- Additional car types including Muscle cars, Sports cars, Pickup Trucks and Compacts (the original only contained Muscle cars)
- The inclusion of a garage for the first time to allow the owning of multiple vehicles
- Increased number of race environments including Big City, LA Storm Drains, Rocky Mountain Forest, Corn Fields and Desert
- 60 track combinations over the originals' 36
Alternate track routes included for the first time and the AI use them.
- Twice as many Destruction Derby Arenas (six as opposed to the originals' 3)
- Twice as many Rag Doll Mini Games (12 compared to the originals' 6)
Official URLOfficial Site
Xolthor and 39 others own FlatOut 2
Overdrive played FlatOut 2
The destruction racer that gamers have come ot love is getting a sequel, yes Flatout 2 is returning this summer for... posted Apr 28, 06 1:24am
- Genre: Racing Simulation - Car
- Theme(s): Lifestyle
- Perspective(s): Isometric
- Developer: Bugbear Entertainment
- Publisher: VU Games
Released North America Sep 4, 2007