BackgroundYou are Squall Leonhart, a "lone-wolf" and an outcast. He joins SeeD, an elite mercenary unit, and in order to graduate must help settle the war between the countries of Galbadia and Dollet.
After completing the SeeD test, he then goes on his first mission - helping a young woman named Rinoa Heartilly to defeat an evil President. But Squall soon realizes that there is a much bigger, and sinister, evil behind all this. Will he be able to stop it?
GameplayThe gameplay of Final Fantasy VIII is slightly different from previous titles. Gaining magic is the most notable change. Instead of gaining experience and learning new spells yourself, you must "draw" your magic and spells from enemies and "draw-points".
Summon monsters are also back, but this time they are called "Guardian Forces". These Guardian Forces can gain experience points to learn abilities. It requires a lot of strategy, as you can only learn a certain amount of abilities.
- Features an epic story line and a massive new world to explore
- Dozens of hours of game play
- Numerous side quests and minigames
- Improved graphics engine provides lifelike characters and motion-captured animation
- All enemies can be attacked with beautifully animated Guardian Forces
Hardware RequirementsSystem: PII 266 or equivalent
RAM:64 MB RAM
CD-ROM: 8X CD-ROM
Video Memory: 4 MB VRAM
Hard Drive Space: 400 MB
Sound Board: Yes
DirectX: DirectX v6.1
Recommended System Requirements
Video Memory: 16 MB VRAM
Official URLOfficial Site
Anbalsilfer and 135 others own Final Fantasy VIII
Juuni and 15 others played Final Fantasy VIII
Everyone's second, third, or maybe fourth favorite Final Fantasy game from the 90s has been posted Dec 05, 13 11:49am
- Genre: Fantasy RPG (PC)
- Theme(s): Fantasy
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Squaresoft
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
Released North America Jan 25, 2000
- Final Fantasy XV
- Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward
- Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD