BackgroundFar Cry 2, the next-generation first-person shooter from Ubisoft, will take you deep into the most beautiful but also most hostile environments in the world: Africa!
Caught between two rival factions in war-torn Africa, you are sent to take out "The Jackal", a mysterious character who has rekindled the conflict between the warlords, jeopardizing thousands of lives. In order to fulfil your mission you will have to play the factions against each other, identify and exploit their weaknesses, and neutralise their superior numbers and firepower with surprise, subversion, cunning and, of course, brute force.
- OPEN WORLD: The extensive artistic research combined with the next-gen engine will allow you to explore over 50Km2 of seamlessly rendered African landscape. No game has ever provided such freedom of movement!
- DUNIA ENGINE: The Dunia Engine was built specifically for Far Cry 2 by the award-winning Ubisoft Montréal development team. It delivers the most realistic destructible environments, amazing special effects such as dynamic fire propagation and storm effects, real-time night-and-day cycle, dynamic music system, non-scripted enemy A.I. and so much more…
- Real-Time Immersion: Real-time story telling, systemic auto-healing, minimal in-game interface are just few of the features that will make you feel the tension of being alone against barbarous warlords that threaten thousands of innocent lives.
- Weapons of Choice: Choose from a wide range of weapons to make your way to your primary target. Meet the fight head-on with your machine-gun, go berserk with your machete or make stealth kills as a Sniper. If you feel that the atmosphere is not warm enough, light up your flamethrower and let your enemies and everything around them feel the heat.
- Vehicles: Fly, Drive, Run, slide and hover over the huge open world with your glider, trucks, cars, boats and much more.
- CPU: Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz, Pentium D 2.66 Ghz, AMD Athlon 64 3500+ or better
- RAM: 1 GB
- Video card: NVidia 6800 or ATI X1650 or better; shader Model 3 required; 256 Mb of graphic memory
- Media reader: DVD-ROM
- Hard drive space: ~12 Gig or HD space
- Supported Video Cards: NVidia 6800, NVidia 7000 series, 8000 series, 9000 series, 200 series. 8800M and 8700M supported for laptops. ATI X1650; 1950 series , HD2000 series , HD3000 series , HD4000 series.
Official URLOfficial Site
Hermn8ta and 244 others own Far Cry 2
Iceguy2003 and 7 others played Far Cry 2
Ecto5I really don't think it was all that great, to be honest. I liked the first one more. FarCry2 PC
Nov 18, 11 5:43pm
The holiday season is approaching quickly and that means some big sales are going to be popping up everywhere.... posted Nov 26, 09 5:28am
Big_JackBeautiful and lush, drops you in the deep end and tells you to swim, if you do it makes for a rewarding experience. FarCry2 X360
Aug 25, 09 6:28pm
RedemptionThe dart rifle + heavy grenade launcher are a fun combo. The dart rifle makes for good stealth snipes if you can isolate the enemy. FarCry2 PC
Aug 05, 09 5:56am
Aug 05, 09 5:50am
RedemptionThe USAS-12 shotgun is the absolute MOST FUN shotgun I have ever tried in any game (even more cool than the LOD auto shotgun). FarCry2 PC
Aug 03, 09 3:41am
RedemptionLesson of the Day: If you are manning a roadside guard station do not stand in a tight group on the road, or someone will mow you down . FarCry2 PC
Aug 02, 09 10:55pm
RedemptionHaven't touched the game in 10 days... maybe this weekend I'll have a chance to check it out. I'm eager to play with the new guns unlocked. FarCry2 PC
Jun 27, 09 5:51pm
Redemptiontekmosis says there's too much driving... the driving's not so bad - but clearing checkpoint stations is getting tedious. FarCry2 PC
May 31, 09 9:56pm
May 31, 09 6:58pm
- Genre: Shooter Action (PC)
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: Ubisoft
- Publisher: Ubisoft
Released North America Oct 21, 2008 Europe Oct 24, 2008 Australia Oct 23, 2008
- Far Cry 4: Valley of the Yetis
- Far Cry 4: Escape from Durgesh Prison
- Far Cry 4
- Far Cry 3
- Far Cry Instincts Predator