A demo for the promising Far Cry 2010 mod was released back in December, but today it gets even better with the... posted Aug 08, 11 10:18am
Four months ago we wrote about Far Cry 2010, a mod project with the goal of bringing the classic shooter Far Cry... posted Dec 30, 10 6:40pm
Crysis series fans who were never acquainted with the predecessor Far... posted Aug 18, 10 6:30pm
Personal favourite digital distribution site Good Old Games (GOG) is currently hosting two lovely holiday... posted Dec 21, 09 6:28pm
Well Far Cry is a real good game, I'd recommend it to anyone who likes a shooter. To...
This is one top-notch game. Definately up there with Half-Life 2.
The story is that...
The single player is one of the best, but the multiplayer is not that amazing. The...
AMD announces today that they have teamed up with Ubisoft to kick off a new worldwide campaign where the purchase of... posted May 18, 04 4:25pm
GameSpot writes that Ubisoft's tropical-based first-person action shooter, Far Cry, will be ported to consoles... posted Apr 07, 04 6:22pm
BackgroundOn a remote tropical paradise in the middle of the Pacific in the year 2020, you take on the role of an unsuspecting hero. Beauty abound, danger lurks harbored in any corner, where a madman plays God. You are drawn into his sinister plot as he is preparing to end the human race with genetically engineered creatures.
GameplayAs Jack, you'll have to outwit hordes of cunning mercenaries through all manner of tactics. Make long-range assaults, set traps, commandeer vehicles - even develop new skills and abilities to outlast the island's evils and escape with your life.
- Feel the Far Cry Engine - The meticulously designed next generation CryEngine pushes the threshold of action gaming with proprietary PolyBump mapping, advanced environments physics, destructible terrain, dynamic lighting, motion captured animation and total surround sound.
- Cunning and complex A.I. Tactics - Autonomous A.I. make realistic decisions based on observations of the current state of the world. These highly-trained mercenaries are designed to utilize environmental features, attack in groups, divide & conquer, respond to player actions, and call in reinforcements from air, land or sea.
- Astonishingly tension-filled non-linear experience - Unique game design encourages a combination of pure reflex shooting as well as intelligent stealth. Draw out your enemies or perform a full-on assault. It's up to you to use the vast environment to your own advantage.
- Heart-Pounding atmosphere - Unique proprietary physics and lighting, adaptive audio, weather effects, and day/night cycles provide a tropical setting so real you'll never want to leave.
- What you see is what you play - Thanks to the Sand box editor, you can easily create and edit your own terrain, foliage, textures, lighting effects, vehicles, missions etc Place enemies, build maps, and construct the world in which you want to play.
Hardware RequirementsSupported OS: Windows 98SE/2000/XP
Processor: AMD Athlon 1 GHz or Pentium III 1 GHz
RAM: 256 MB
Video Card: 64 MB DirectX 9.0b-compatible graphics card
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0b-compatible PCI card
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b
CD-ROM: 4x DVD or 16x CD-ROM
Hard Drive Space: 4 GB
Multiplayer: Broadband with 64 Kbps upstream to play
Recommended System Specs
Supported OS: Windows 98SE/2000/XP
Processor: AMD Athlon 2400-3000+ or Pentium 4 2-3 GHz
RAM: 512-1024 MB
Video Card: 128 MB GeForce 4 128 MB to GeForce FX 5950; ATI Radeon 9500-9800 XT
Sound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy series
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b
CD-ROM: 8x-16x DVD or 32x CD-ROM
Hard Drive Space: 4 G
Official URLOfficial Site
- Far Cry Instincts (2005)
- Far Cry: Vengeance (2006)