BackgroundF.E.A.R. (First Encounter Assault Recon) is an intense combat experience with rich atmosphere and an engaging story presented entirely in first person. Be the hero in your own blockbuster action movie. The story begins as an unidentified paramilitary force infiltrates a multi-billion dollar aerospace compound, taking hostages but issuing no demands. The government responds by sending in special forces, but loses contact as an eerie signal interrupts radio communications. When the interference subsides moments later, the team has been obliterated. Live footage of the massacre shows an inexplicable wave of destruction tearing the soldiers apart before they can even react
- Fierce Enemies - Squads of tactical teams use coordinated attacks and flanking maneuvers to pin you down and take you out. High tech assassins cling to walls and ceilings and ambush you from the shadows. Heavy armor units that soldiers will advance behind and use for cover.
- Cinematic Special FX - An advanced Special FX system showers you in sparks, smoke, and debris, making combat as intense and exhilarating as an action movie.
- State of the Art Arsenal - You'll employee high tech firearms and classified weaponry such as the corkscrew missile launcher, rapid-fire battle cannon, and sub-nuclear blaster that turns enemies to pillars of ash.
- Spectacular Situations - Experience a catastrophic helicopter crash entirely in-game and then fight off waves of enemy special forces. Ride shotgun in a high speed car chase, pursued by assassins on motorcycles and enemy attack helicopters.
- Advanced Game Technology - The latest in DirectX 9 rendering technology uses real-time per pixel lighting, shadow volumes, normal mapping, and advanced shaders to create a world so convincing you'll forget you're playing a game. Havok 2 Game Dynamics system makes unleashing hell on your enemies visceral and satisfying. Bodies recoil and collapse accurately and objects react to being shot, pushed, or blown up
Hardware RequirementsMinimum Requirements:
Windows XP/2000 (Win 64 supported)
DirectX 9.0c (on disk)
P4 1.7GHz or equivalent
64MB GeForce 4 Ti or Radeon 9000
5GB hard drive space
P4 3.0GHz or equivalent
256MB Radeon 9800 Pro or GeForce 6600
Pixel Shader 2.0 support
Official URLOfficial Site
You knew that leaving the army for a special unit concerning paranormal would have...
To accurately gauge just how good an FPS is you have to compare it with the best out...
It was nearly like it was a year ago when HL2 came to the stores, I rushed to get me a...
- Genre: Shooter Action (PC)
- Theme(s): Horror, Film Noir, Police/S.W.A.T., Supernatural/Occult
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: Monolith Productions
- Publisher: VU Games
Released North America Oct 17, 2005 Europe Oct 18, 2005 Australia Oct 18, 2005
- F.E.A.R. 3
- F.E.A.R. 2: Reborn
- F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
- F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate
- F.E.A.R. Extraction Point
- F.E.A.R. Combat