BackgroundThe battle for Dune finally gets the 3D facelift from Westwood Studios. Emperor: Battle for Dune lets you choose from 3 unique sides (Altreides, Harkonnen, or Ordos) and ally with 5 subgroups, to begin a quest to seize the Imperial Throne. Journey through 5 gameworlds by plotting large-scale strategic advances on planetary maps, then participate in ground and air assaults in real time 3D. Now you can ride the Sandworms!
- Command one of 3 unique sides - select your best hope - the noble Atreides, the evil Harkonnen or the insidious Ordos - to seize the Imperial Throne.
- Build alliances with 5 distinct subgroups - join with any of 5 powerful subgroups to gain access to bizarre new technologies and units.
- Explore strange distant worlds - will you do battle on the oceanic paradise of Caladan, the industrial wasteland of Geidi Prime, or the icy planet of Draconis 4?
- Control diverse units - from the towering Kobra cannon to the hulking Minotaurus tank, you'll have no shortage of unique units from each side.
- Many units have dual modes for attack or defense - choose which mode fits your tactics.
- Make large-scale strategic advances - plot out your course to victory on the planetary campaign map.
- Evaluate your battleplan and decide which individual territories to invade - or retreat from.
- Choose your ground-level tactics - after entering hostile territory, use your wits and weaponry to achieve your objectives.
- Manage your resources wisely and build up a lethal ground and air assault.
- Experience the epic Dune universe in 3D - plunge into one of the greatest science fiction sagas of all time - in full 3D.
- Take part in Dune's political intrigue, social upheaval and all-out warfare. Even ride the legendary Sandworms!
- Wage war online - take on human opponents on our free service Westwood Online or set up an instant action battle against the computer.
- Team up with a friend to attack different territories in a cooperative campaign to rule the universe.
Hardware RequirementsPentium II 400 MHz
64 MB RAM
16 MB DirectX-compliant video card
DirectX-compliant sound card
4x CD-ROM drive
600 MB hard-disk space
Official URLOfficial Site
this is a very good RTS game. its fun addicting and has lots of different sides to...
I'd love to say this game rocks, really i would. i played dune 3 times dune2 i played...
Ok, so it didn't make it into the pc gamer UK top 100 of all time, but this game is...
This game is just a whole lot of fun its soo different everytime you play it and with...
This is the biggest let down of the year and confirms for me that since westwood got...
If you liked Dune 2000 at all, the graphics of this one will win you over instantly....
Emperor: Battle for Dune was everything I hoped it would be, and then some. The map...
If you're planning on spending so much as 10 USD for a bootleg copy of this game, its...
Well worth any amount of money, the Dune name truly lives up to it's legacy.
Emperor: Battle for Dune, shipped today in North America, Westwood Studios announced, and should be fully... posted Jun 13, 01 6:44pm