BackgroundAll the drivers, tracks and teams from the official FIA 2001 Formula One World Championship are represented here in F1 2001 from Electronic Arts. Features include multiple levels of realism, interactive pit stops, Challenge mode, dynamic environments, improved A.I., and more.
- Official 2002 FIA Formula One World Championship - All the tracks, drivers and teams from the up to date 2002 World Championship including the Toyota and Renault Formula One racing teams.
- Fast, Bold, Intelligent Opponents - Race against opponents who want to win as badly as you do. Every driver on the track will fight, battle and react to maintain their current position, while constantly looking for the next opportunity to overtake, creating a high pressure, edge of the seat racing experience.
- Multiple Racing Experiences - Compete in high action, high drama battles or Adapt the racing experience to suit your style. Toggle simulation mode on and feel the handling model change to a simulation style pushing ability to the limit.
- Dynamic, living environments - F1 2001 takes the driver into a living, breathing Formula One world as anticipation builds up on a buzzing grid. The gamer will enter the ultimate racing experience, whether surrounded by team personnel and engineers, passing flag bearing marshals at the trackside warning drivers of upcoming danger, creating breathtaking collisions, or passing an opponent as the crowd waves and screams.
- Cutting Edge Technology - Unrivalled accuracy, resolution, detail, performance and sensation of speed.
- Realistic weather model - The driver witnesses the race come alive under adverse weather conditions. As rain clouds hover, umbrellas go up and pit crews radio weather updates. Rain causes opponents to spin off the track, crash into barriers, and rush to the pits to switch tires and change strategy.
Hardware RequirementsMinimum System Requirements
<li type="square">Windows 95/98/2000/ME/XP
<li type="square">64MB RAM
<li type="square">250MB Hard Disk Space
<li type="square">4 Speed CD-ROM
<li type="square">16MB Graphics Card
<li type="square">DirectX Version 8.0