BackgroundUnder the direction of co-creative directors, Raphael Colantonio, lead designer on Arx Fatalis, and Harvey Smith, lead designer on Deus Ex, Dishonored is set for release on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Games for Windows in 2012.
You are the once-trusted bodyguard of the Empress. Framed for her murder and driven by revenge, you must become an infamous assassin, known only by the disturbing mask that has become your calling card.
As you navigate a world torn apart by plague and oppressed by a government armed with strange new technologies, the truth behind your betrayal is as murky as the waters surrounding the city.
The choices you make will determine the fate of the world, but no matter what happens your old life is gone forever.
- Improvise and Innovate: Approach each assassination with precise first-person control and creatively combine your abilities and gadgets to eliminate targets with your own ruthless strategy. Improvise and innovate to define your play style.
- Supernatural Assassin: Teleport for stealth approaches, possess any living creature, or stop time itself to orchestrate unearthly executions! Combining your suite of supernatural abilities and weapons opens up even more ways to overcome obstacles and eliminate targets. The game’s upgrade system allows for the mastery of deadly new abilities and devious gadgets.
- Action with Meaning: Move like a ghost and resist corruption, or show no mercy and leave a path of destruction in your wake. Decide your approach for each mission, and the outcomes will change as a result.
- A City Unlike Any Other: Enter an original world envisioned by Half-Life 2 art director Viktor Antonov. In a place where industry and mysticism collide, the world is yours to discover.
Looks like Dishonored is getting its very own Game of the Year Edition next month. That's got... posted Sep 12, 13 1:00pm
If you just can't get enough of Dishonored, then you'll be happy to know the final add-on is... posted Aug 13, 13 1:43pm
Come August 13, we'll be seeing the final chapter in Daud's story, as Dishonored DLC The... posted Aug 07, 13 4:20am
As Bethesda teased so directly yesterday, Dishonored's second story DLC for Daud has been... posted Jul 16, 13 8:36am
Bethesda is evidently just as excited to show us more of the new Dishonored DLC as we are to... posted Mar 13, 13 2:25pm
We all knew more Dishonored DLC was on the way, and today, Bethesda is teasing the hell out of... posted Jul 15, 13 1:40pm
A major discount for Arkane Studios' 2012 hit Dishonored is the latest Gold exclusive to arrive on Xbox LIVE. The... posted Jul 09, 13 10:49pm
Arkane, deciding to take a less flashy approach to April Fool's Day, have released another dev walkthrough of... posted Apr 01, 13 9:27am
The official Dishonored Twitter account teased an announcement for tomorrow earlier this morning. "News... posted Mar 12, 13 10:49am
Despite what any paid reviewer will tell you, the stealth genre is practically dead....
Framed for the murder of the empress he was to protect, Corvo awaits his execution...
- Genre: Adventure (PC)
- Theme(s): Steampunk
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: Arkane Studios
- Publisher: Bethesda Softworks
Released North America Oct 9, 2012 Europe Oct 12, 2012