BackgroundGodfather Odin has chosen the Diggles to set out on a long and burdensome expedition to the center of the earth where the hound of hell, Fenris, spreads terror. Fenris was once Odin's watchdog and ran away. Ever since he became aware of his growing power and strength he has been terrifying the underground world. Fenris must be disarmed and put on a chain. This task requires a very special chain, a chain that can only be forged by the Diggles.
GameplayAccomplishing this dangerous mission will take decades and involved many generations of dwarves. During their journey the dwarves have to pass through 4 different worlds and more than 100 different quests have to be solved. The player has to arrange a daily schedule for the dwarves by determining how much they work and what they do in their leisure time. The player has to teach them how to forge weapons, cook mushrooms, raise hamsters, produce tools and invent machines. Like people in real life, the dwarves also want to have some spare time in order to sleep, eat, play cards, go bowling or to a pub. Male and female Diggles can even fall in love with each other and thus conceive their offspring, which ensures the survival of their clan and can transmit their learned attributes to their dwarf children. The player's most important goal is to prepare the Diggles for the crucial fight with Fenris.
- Countless adventures
- Player has to teach the dwarves, provide them with food and care for them.
- Exceptional perspective: Dwarves can be seen from side view. Includes 3d scenery and objects.
- Complex, thrilling , non-linear story.
- Individual characters (that range from stubborn and nasty to hard-working and cuddly)
- Main campaign with four different, huge worlds includes more than 100 quest.
- Dynamic, non-level based underground world with cave system. Realistic cave structure based on physical laws.
- 5 different dwarf clans, 9 different characters
- More then 30 production facilities, 20 tools, 7 raw materials and numerous services
- 10 weapons and 4 fighting techniques, including karate and taekwondo
- Daily schedule of dwarves must be varied: Digging in the morning and cuddling at night
- 100 different work and leisure activities
- Journey through 5 historic ages
Hardware RequirementsWindows 9x/2000/me
Pentium II (350mhz)
128 MB RAM
32 MB graphics card
Windows compatible sound card