BackgroundYou are Isaac Clarke, a space engineer who specializes in fixing giant mining ships for the Concordance Extraction Corporation, or C.E.C. As most stories of the like go, your company receives a distress call from the USG Ishimura, a "Planet Cracker" class ship that takes dead planets, and destroys them to extract valuable ore for the company. In the assumption that the ship has had a mechanical failure, Isaac gathers coworkers Lt. Zach Hammond, security officer, and Kendra Daniels, local Tech specialist. As you set out to meet with the ship upon the cruiser class Kellion, you soon realize that this is no ordinary distress call. In the classic sci-fi manner, you soon find that the ship has been overrun by a mysterious alien race. After boarding the ship, you are separated from your party, and this routine check becomes a race for your life.
- Strategic dismemberment: Shear off limbs with powerful weapons as you carve a bloody path through the alien hordes. Find ways to neutralize attacking enemies effectively or they'll keep coming at you. When ammo runs low, use telekinesis to pick up objects, even the enemies' own arms and legs and fire them at anything that stands in your way.
- Terror in the far reaches of space: A blood curdling interactive horror experience features state of the art graphics and effects, a panic inducing audio system, and a truly frightening atmosphere of death and despair.
- Real zero G: Battle relentless enemies and crack challenging puzzles in unprecedented zero gravity environments that reinvent survival horror.
- Uncover the horrific truth: Cut through the harrowing mystery to stop the alien onslaught. Discover the tragic story of the Ishimura's downfall through the final, frantic logs of the ship's hideously transformed crew.
Hardware RequirementsOS: Windows XP/Vista
Processor: Pentium 4 @ 2.8 GHz or Equivalent
Memory: 1 GB
Hard Drive: 7 GB Free
Video Memory: 256MB (nVidia GeForce 6800/ATI Radeon X1600 Pro (Shader 3.0 support)
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
Keyboard & Mouse
DVD Rom Drive
Official URLOfficial Site
Grindor and 345 others own Dead Space
Dec 25, 13 11:27am
swdescent and 10 others played Dead Space
Dead Space 3's co-op component was introduced due to the series' past two installments being too scary to play... posted Jun 12, 12 3:16am
Electronic Arts struck gold when they developed the survival horror game Dead Space....
Feb 07, 11 2:31am
- Genre: Shooter Action (PC)
- Theme(s): Cyberpunk, Horror, Sci-Fi (Futuristic)
- Developer: Redwood Shores
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
Released North America Oct 20, 2008